"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thu 18th Tobacco SOTD
Soap
B&M The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + B&M TFMoM Balm
I am getting used to the scent now. Liking it better...smelling sweet and aromatic tobacco/cigar leaves. Lather quality is very good...creamy and slick.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Nicely smooth and comfortable with 3passes for mostly bbs to dfs results with 2 micro weepers. The AS balm clinched the deal...really lasting scent and good moisturizing feel for many hours. Rating 9.5/10
View attachment 1238142
I think I say this every time I see it, but for some reason I just love the colors of that brush!

Wed 24th SE SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC with RazoRock BarberPole Handle
Blade Feather ProGuard 10th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
A very aromatic scent from the soap lather. I would say a fresh cigar scent. The performance was just ok.
Another great, satisfying, silky smooth, and comfortable 3pass shave without any issues for a BBS result. The AC head & BarberPole handle seems to be a perfect match!! The blade is still good and efficient. Rating 10/10!! Really wow!!
20210324_102345.jpg

Sat 3rd Tobacco Scent SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade KAI ProGuard MG 1st - Kindly send by @RenoRichard, thank you very much!!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Stirling Haverford AS Balm
Awesomely aromatic tobaccoish/cigarish scent from this soap. Good strength too. The lather was very good...thickly creamy and slick, excellent...!!!
Shave with razor paired with the KAI guarded blade was excellent!!! It was silky smooth, very comfortable, and efficient for 3passes without any weepers nor irritation especially during the 3rd atg pass was nice and crisp. BBS!!
The witch hazel bayrum sure gives a good burn and the scent mixed well with the Haverford balm which gives a longer aroma. The balm is really nice even in my hot weather condition. Rating 10/10!!
20210403_101848.jpg

20210403_110356.jpg

Sat 3rd Tobacco Scent SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade KAI ProGuard MG 1st - Kindly send by @RenoRichard, thank you very much!!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Stirling Haverford AS Balm
Awesomely aromatic tobaccoish/cigarish scent from this soap. Good strength too. The lather was very good...thickly creamy and slick, excellent...!!!
Shave with razor paired with the KAI guarded blade was excellent!!! It was silky smooth, very comfortable, and efficient for 3passes without any weepers nor irritation especially during the 3rd atg pass was nice and crisp. BBS!!
The witch hazel bayrum sure gives a good burn and the scent mixed well with the Haverford balm which gives a longer aroma. The balm is really nice even in my hot weather condition. Rating 10/10!!
View attachment 1245678
View attachment 1245679
I like Stirling balms. Good stuff, never tried their witch Hazel, didnt know it existed.

I like Stirling balms. Good stuff, never tried their witch Hazel, didnt know it existed.
Stirling Witchazel is kinda thicker compare to Thayers and boy, I'll tell ya...the kick you can get from it...hahaha, awesome!
I just received 3 and bayrum sure gives a good burn (without alcohol) while the MitA and the Orange chill give a menthol blast and it's perfect for my country's hot humid weather. These witch hazel can solely be aftershaves on their own...

Mon 12th SE SOTD
Soap CBL Cigar Shop Hombre
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Stirling Haverford Balm
The soap scent strength is good. The scent is...hmmm...cigarish...tobacco leaf? It was creamy and really slick...nice!
The shave with the razor paired with the stropped blade was very smooth and comfortable. 3passes for a bbs to dfs finish without any issues at all. Enjoyable vintage session and good aftershaves.
20210412_094002.jpg

Fri 16th SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade Rapira?? 1st Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Haverford Balm
Very nice soap this. I can smell a very nice mid-strength aromatic cigarish scent with some...cognac? Today's lather is creamily thick and slick...great stuff!
Shave with razor paired with the new blade at setting 4-4-2 was just okok. Managed 3passes for a ccs result and escaped with just 1 red spot. Excellent aftershaves and the balm paired with the soap was a wow! Enjoyed the very nice long-lingering cigarish aroma between HeV & Haverford, especially covered in a face mask.
20210415_233453.jpg
20210416_071405.jpg

My Friday Shave
Preshave Avocado oil
Soap Murphy McNeil Tobac Fanaile sample
Brush Semogue 1305 boar
Razor Razorock SLOC
Blade GSB
Post & Aftershaves Stirling unscented balm
Harverford aftershave

This soap is a dupe of Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille. The scent is close to Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille. I would say Harverford is much closer. The lather is good slick with residual slickness.
DFS +
Razor Tobac soap.jpg

Mon 19th SE SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Somehow, today's soap lather scent was a little stronger and it was very distinctively aromatic tobacco! The lather was thickly creamy and slick too...nice!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth overall until the atg pass on the upper lips area it became a bit skippy. Still, 3passes without any issues for between a dfs to ccs result. The aftershaves especially Whiskey Woods were excellent!
20210418_223742.jpg
20210419_072150.jpg

I've been loving tobacco scents lately.
Top 3 for me are:
Chiseled Face Sherlock - tobacco, earth, leather, honey, rose... it all comes through and works together. Slick lather, lasting scent...My favorite by FAR.
Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigar - A close second, could easily be first.

MN Shave Company Tobacco Blossom - Fragrant, slick, sweeter tobacco scent.

Thinking about it, I love menthol in my soaps... is there a Newport version tobacco scent out there? Lol.

Here are a couple sotd pics:
20210325_192842.jpg 20210214_165353.jpg 20210212_232927.jpg

TASS Humidor. Buttery smooth shave this morning. Love the performance and scent-level of this soap. It's a step up in terms of intensity than PAA Cavendish or CTS Tobacco & Amber. First use of Silver Star blades for me. I’ve only used them in this 87R but I’m quite happy with them. Pretty darn sharp in the 87R. Will to try them in a Gillette SS next.

A2D778A4-BE7D-43DA-A519-020A1D179F74.jpeg
95F03685-9DCC-4EDE-8948-C4726338F57A.jpeg

Wed 21st Tobacco Scent SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Parker SemiSlant on Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Soap's scent is nice for me. Good strength leathery & smoky scent. Quality is dependent on loading...today's is abit less so kinda thin...Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Overall smooth and comfortable for 3passes but own mistake results in a nicked on the chin. Aftershaves were excellent cooling for an oven-hot day.
20210420_201121.jpg

20210421_080237.jpg

Van Yulay Puros La Habana, Yaqi Heavy Meta Silvertip, and a Parker 87R with a Silver Star SS blade.

Today’s shave was a little rough for some reason. I put in a new blade but it wasn’t as smooth as the first blade I used. Will see if that changes tomorrow but I haven’t noticed that much of a change between blades from the same tuck before. So I guess the jury is still out on the Silver Stars. Any one with feedback on Ail er Star Super Stainless?

171F4303-9727-4D0D-8DD2-B311C65EDFA1.jpeg
FFDF3166-B2BA-41F6-B390-CDDB0EE46588.jpeg

D9AE51D0-9D4C-48A3-9537-D188C8AE70AB.jpeg

Razor: Schick Eversharp 1950's Injector
Blade: Supply Injector blade (3)
Brush: RazoRock AMICI Noir Plissoft, 20mm

Soap: RazoRock Classic

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Mennen Skin Bracer

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk