What's new

Smoothest stainless steel razors?

So my favorite razor is a Windsor SSR1, followed (or equaled by) my K4 tech. I have a game changer .68, but I find it just a little less efficient and not as smooth as my Windsor by a noticeable margin. Both aren’t as smooth as my tech, just a tad more efficient. So my question is this. Is there a smoother, more “sensitive skin” friendly stainless razor, more Efficient than a tech, that is not the Windsor I already have? I could be a one razor guy, but I’d like to think there’s at least one more that would work for me. Maybe a Mamba .53? Timeless?

Hello. I prefer as well efficient and smooth razors. Among the modern razor my favors are: Timeless sb 0.68, CG level 1, and Wolfman WR2 0.95. Among the less expensive I would choose the Edwin Jagger DE 89. Good luck.

Actually saw the thread of all the mildest razors being tested, it confirmed what I thought. It’s hard to beat the Windsor!

Reactions: nav

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Wolfman WR2 1.05 is a very smooth razor.
D4B86588-B3E0-45E3-B759-D4DB12AE3BFB.jpeg

Last edited:
How does one compare the newer Windsor ssr1 and the older R1 shave ?

Is the change significant except the top cap covering the blade tabs ?

They state on their website that the top cap covers the blade side tabs and this makes it holds the blade rigid and makes it a smooth shaver. I am unable to grasp how just how covering a miniscule exposed blade tab will add rigidity and change shave characteristics?

D

dangerousrazor

How does one compare the newer Windsor ssr1 and the older R1 shave ?

Is the change significant except the top cap covering the blade tabs ?

They state on their website that the top cap covers the blade side tabs and this makes it holds the blade rigid and makes it a smooth shaver. I am unable to grasp how just how covering a miniscule exposed blade tab will add rigidity and change shave characteristics?

2021-04-19.jpeg

The change is not all about covering blade tab. According to ATT, Windsor line reduced blade exposure 1mm more than the classic line, which results in less blade feel and smoother shave without significant efficiency loss from Classic R1. I think ATT Windsor R1 is one of the best razors produced today and it is way cheaper than its competitors.

View attachment 1253657

The change is not all about covering blade tab. According to ATT, Windsor line reduced blade exposure 1mm more than the classic line, which results in less blade feel and smoother shave without significant efficiency loss from Classic R1. I think ATT Windsor R1 is one of the best razors produced today and it is way cheaper than its competitors.

A bit confused as their website shows the same 0.58MM blade gap for both Windsor SSR1 and Classic R1 with rating of 6 on their aggression rating. Not sure what is reduced by 1mm which would be a significant reduction.

I'm guessing it is the blade reveal. I used to have the classic line (blade exposure and reveal is the same for all 3 razors - M, R and H).

Yes I get it. For me their classic R1 matte finish is one of the most efficient razors I have in my collection. It has good blade feel,.however with any blade ot gives an awesome shave each time.

The extra 1 mm would be from one blade edge to the other making it smoother. Makes sense. Going by fatip v2 experience where a wider cap tamed the razor making it smoother but a notch less efficient. Hope that is not the case here.

I may go in for it later down the year or not at all as I love the classic R1 way too much !

Top Bottom