What's new

Electric shaver for coarse grey beards.

Hello all,

not sure this is the right spot.

While I’m an avid wet shaver my father is not. It’s getting a little harder for him to shave himself these days and I find helping him shave with a cart and can foam is not that easy for me either.
I’m wondering if anyone could recommend an electric shaver that won’t break the bank but will be good for a shave and long term use.

I used a Braun electric razor for a year or two and was pleased enough with the results. Simple, not fussy, didn’t pull.

After a quick google search the modern Braun - Series 3 Electric Shaver seems to fit your bill. $50 at bestbuy.

I used a Braun electric razor for a year or two and was pleased enough with the results. Simple, not fussy, didn’t pull.

After a quick google search the modern Braun - Series 3 Electric Shaver seems to fit your bill. $50 at bestbuy.
Thanks for the info. That’s the one I was thinking of too actually.

Good recommendation and good shaver. There's actually a Modern Shaving Systems section here:

Braun is a good performing electric. I used one for years way back when. Just let him know it may take a few weeks of shaving to get the best results. Face/whiskers take time to adjust from razor to electric.

Top Bottom