What's new

If you love a Tech shave then you gotta try one of these...

One of my latest acquisitions has been a fantastic shaving surprise, immediately entering my top 5!

So following yet another superb 3-pass shave experience with it I will shout it out over the roof tops: This all-aluminum Rotbart 5031 from (I guess) somewhere in the 1950s shaves amazing, exactly as mild as a Tech but much more efficient.

I bought the set honestly for it’s cutie-pie looks and the great condition of the full set. But man! this outshaves most of my den!

Weightwise I normally have a preferred sweet spot around 75-80 grams. This puppy weighs in at 46. But even so it’s 2-piece build feels very sturdy in hand. And the weight is no issue whatsoever, rather the opposite, nimble and fast around the face, sheer pleasure. And notice that it has quite large fangs meaning that the blade is held tightly in place. This is one of the main reasons for the shave quality I think.

If I was going to produce a modern no-nonsense razor I would copy this head setup immediately.

I stumbled upon this, never saw one before and I don’t think that there are many around. But still, keep a look-out if you are an every-day shaver, love Techs and want to try something special. Rotbarts usually don’t go high in auctions so this is within reach for most. Even is in this superb condition and as a full set I did not pay more than a good condition Rocket set.

D5EAD313-4284-45D6-B1E3-CA261A85F4DC.jpeg

DF7E16A7-38E2-432E-A60A-B701C71D11B9.jpeg

8516A816-BDDF-482C-B777-063FC8152B48.jpeg
4232545B-D2F4-449E-8396-4DD8A105BD13.png
51EC11DA-768A-4281-8F13-147DEA811B81.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow that is a beauty too!! Extremely cool with the transparent plastic baseplate. And great condition. Looks identical otherwise. How do you find the shave? And would you happen to know what set number this goes under?
My one is the Rotbart 100 these came in a blister pack, not sure which set your one is, fellow b&b member @blexa might be able to help with that, as for the shave it's mild, comfortable & like you mentioned slightly more efficient then a usual Tech razor. Rotbart made some unique razors, I love the 2 piece aspect of yours.

One of my latest acquisitions has been a fantastic shaving surprise, immediately entering my top 5!

So following yet another superb 3-pass shave experience with it I will shout it out over the roof tops: This all-aluminum Rotbart 5031 from (I guess) somewhere in the 1950s shaves amazing, exactly as mild as a Tech but much more efficient.

I bought the set honestly for it’s cutie-pie looks and the great condition of the full set. But man! this outshaves most of my den!

Weightwise I normally have a preferred sweet spot around 75-80 grams. This puppy weighs in at 46. But even so it’s 2-piece build feels very sturdy in hand. And the weight is no issue whatsoever, rather the opposite, nimble and fast around the face, sheer pleasure. And notice that it has quite large fangs meaning that the blade is held tightly in place. This is one of the main reasons for the shave quality I think.

If I was going to produce a modern no-nonsense razor I would copy this head setup immediately.

I stumbled upon this, never saw one before and I don’t think that there are many around. But still, keep a look-out if you are an every-day shaver, love Techs and want to try something special. Rotbarts usually don’t go high in auctions so this is within reach for most. Even is in this superb condition and as a full set I did not pay more than a good condition Rocket set.

View attachment 1252855
View attachment 1252858
View attachment 1252854View attachment 1252856View attachment 1252857

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! :a29:

R

romsitsa

The base plate and cap are actually zamak, so I wanted to change the basplate to plastic and the cap to brass.
Guess what, they changed the thread pitch, so brass and zamak caps are not interchangeable...
Why they changed the head from scalloped to smooth safety bar is a mistery to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom