What's new

RazoRock Hawk

This is my first single edge razor. I usually shave with straights, and sometimes a DE.

Last year I purchased a Feather Artist Club and was very impressed with the Feather Professional blade.

I don't usually read the SE forum, so only recently learned that there are SE razors for the Feather.

The RazoRock Hawk arrived today, and I just had my first shave with it.

Very, very impressed. I recommend you gents try it.

The RazoRock one is the super affordable one, as you know.

One pass WTG and virtually a BBS result. That was impressive.

What was also impressive is that somehow, despite its extreme sharpness, it manages to be gentle. I had no weepers.

Even more, for the last week or so I have been shaving with a DE, a Karve open comb D plate. An aggressive razor. Unless I am very careful, I get weepers. And there is one spot that I nicked, and as it's not fully healed, for the last week, this Karve keeps opening it up again and making it bleed.

But with this SE, nothing. I accidentally went over that spot and braced myself for blood.

Nope. No blood at all.

Although one pass did the job, just out of curiosity, I lathered up and did two more passes. XTG and ATG. Surely this would create some rawness, yes?

Nope. No rawness even with deliberately overshaving. And the aftershave gave normal heat, no fire.

Recommend.

IMG_1168.jpg

A Merkur Progress set at 3.5 with an Astra SP blade is my go-to. The weight of this razor seems ideal. A Gem G-bar was too light/mild. Do you think I will like the Hawk V2? The light weight has me hesitant. Thanks in advance...

Congratulations Kohala John ..... I'm glad to hear about your happiness with your new Aluminum Hawk !
After reading so many wonderful comments about the Hawk, I just ordered (yesterday) the Stainless Steel Hawk v3
with the Haloed UFO handle and a pack of Schick ProLine P30 blades. And I already received the shipping confirmation
from Italian Barber today. As usual, pretty awesome service from the boys at IB. I'm excited to begin my initial
journey into the world of SE safety razor shaving. It should be fun ! (Meanwhile, my shave this evening was with my
trusty Timeless Bronze SB DE razor ..... smooth as silk !)

Adam18 said:
I just ordered (yesterday) the Stainless Steel Hawk v3
with the Haloed UFO handle and a pack of Schick ProLine P30 blades.

Funny, I have the same thing in my cart and will likely order tomorrow.

Which plate did you go with? I am thinking OC or “A” or maybe both.
That's awesome! I also just ordered a SS Hawk A and a SS Lupo .95 today. I have had the Hawk V2 for a while which I like very much but I finally decided to pull the trigger on a couple of stainless steel razors after Italian Barber got some more in stock with the razor handles I wanted.

Congratulations Kohala John ..... I'm glad to hear about your happiness with your new Aluminum Hawk !
After reading so many wonderful comments about the Hawk, I just ordered (yesterday) the Stainless Steel Hawk v3
with the Haloed UFO handle and a pack of Schick ProLine P30 blades. And I already received the shipping confirmation
from Italian Barber today. As usual, pretty awesome service from the boys at IB. I'm excited to begin my initial
journey into the world of SE safety razor shaving. It should be fun ! (Meanwhile, my shave this evening was with my
trusty Timeless Bronze SB DE razor ..... smooth as silk !)
I am shaving with the standard plate and a Proline blade now. I found the Feather Professional to be smoother and less aggressive. With the Feather Professional, this gives me wonderful shaves. I am curious how the A plate would be, but I'm quite happy with the standard plate and hope you will be, too.

By the way, this is my first AC style razor and I'm loving shaving with such a rigid blade.

Since first posting, I have now had a lot of shaves with this system.

Maybe it's my beard, but after a couple of shaves, this Feather Professional drops down from amazing to simply very good.

That very first shave with a Feather Pro, wow, that is definitely different from other blades.

And I don't want to sound too negative. The subsequent shaves are excellent. But that first shave is crazy.

No idea how the V2 shaves. But the V3 Standard is really inefficient, tried it with the Feather Professional (almost unusable unless you want to caress your face instead of shaving it) and the Super Professional. Takes a ridiculous amount of buffing for a BBS on 3 days worth of growth. On 2 days it's passable but still nothing to write home about. I would much prefer a GC .84 SB.

No idea how the V2 shaves. But the V3 Standard is really inefficient, tried it with the Feather Professional (almost unusable unless you want to caress your face instead of shaving it) and the Super Professional. Takes a ridiculous amount of buffing for a BBS on 3 days worth of growth. On 2 days it's passable but still nothing to write home about. I would much prefer a GC .84 SB.
The GC .84 SB is undoubtably more efficient, but I have no problems getting a one-pass ATG shave with the Hawk V3 standard using Feather Professional blades. I should note, though, that my hair growth isn’t that fast and I never go beyond two days without a shave.

^
If you don’t like it, you may not wish to experiment further, but I have been curious as to how the A plate shaves. Looking at the Italian Barber guide, seems like the A plate is supposed to be a couple levels more efficient (or was it aggressive) to the standard plate.

Adding to the above, Schick Proline is more efficient than the Feather Professional. And there are a couple of small spots where my facial grows kind of flat, and the Hawk V3 does struggles with those. But I am okay with it ... the GC .84 gives a closer shave, but the Hawk V3 gives me enough to shave the next day without irritation, so it works better for me as a daily driver.

Hello Gentlemen .....
I just enjoyed an absolutely spectacular shave with my brand new stainless steel RazoRock Hawk V3 (standard plate.)
It was my first shave ever with an SE razor, and loaded with a fresh Schick Proline blade, I was treated to a super smooth, extremely comfortable, very efficient shave experience. I used my trusty Simpsons Colonel X2L brush, scuttle lathered with Proraso Green cream, to create a very thick rich cushion.
The first WTG pass was incredibly smooth and efficient, and I probably could have stopped right there with a DFS result.
But since I was enjoying myself too much to stop, I re-lathered and completed a second XTG pass and a third ATG pass.
The final result --- FANTASTIC ! A beautiful BBS result, with absolutely no irritation whatsoever.
Finished off with Lucky Tiger splash and Kiehl's Facial Fuel balm. Sublime indeed !
CC8CB10B-7031-4865-A427-011CF2E624E1.jpeg

Top Bottom