What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Wednesday's shave

SV Cubebe
Simpson M7
Feather AC DX
Feather Professional blade
SV Cubebe ASL & cologne

XT030810.jpg

I really like the scales! What is the material? Did you make them yourself?

they were on the razor when I bought it.

I would assume ram horn or some other type of hooved creature. I do not believe the material to be faux plastic....but have not done a burn test either. not going there!

camo

Ludo Red Imp Wedge 132
SOC Boar (you can tell this is a post-shave photo)
A&E Asian Pear

What can I say about the Red Imp? It looks super cheap. The scales are not just ugly, they are gloriously ugly in a way that only cheap plastic from the 1950s can look! :) And there are no jimps even though the technology was over 100 years old when it was made. But
EEA182C3-E4A7-4F31-8CB0-364FAB548604.jpeg
man can this thing shave! I think my technique was working well this morning, but bottom line is that this was one of my best shaves ever! Some mornings the shave goes so well that it leaves me pumped for the rest of the day. Today was such a day!

The Super Doll returns. I gave it a second round through the 3/6/8/10/12k tight synthetic sequence a few days back, then got to the 50/100/200k balsa, linen, horsehide during pre-shave today. A++ on the hanging hair. The superb shave that was lurking within this blade finally arrived. Third day stubble just slid off my face and into the sink.
C029B347-EF5B-4D7B-BE63-87D9EAC9B9AD.jpeg

I have not attempted to polish the blade. The Ach. Brito Mogno did its part. The New long comb went sideways through the paltry remains of the neck maelstroms.

Top Bottom