What's new

Zingari Brush Cleaner

I picked up a tub of Zingari‘s brush cleaner as I have heard good things... and I own a bunch of brushes that do not get cleaned often enough.

Turns out Zingari’s cleaner works extremely well. It cleans brushes quickly, smells great (citrus) and it will last for a very very long time. This will clean dozens of brushes and I can’t see blowing thru this tub any time soon (years).

It isn’t super expensive ($15 or less for a 4oz tub) but of course Dawn dish soap, vinegar/water or shampoo is cheaper if that works for you.

This cleaner is simple to use as you just lather it like any hard shaving soap and rinse the brush in water. I used a shaving bowl with warm water after lathering and after a couple minute soak, my brand new badger brush was almost completely stank free and my old brush was clean as a whistle.

The sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) helps with a bit of fizzines/effervescence when rinsed and is a smart addition to this type of product.

The ingredients are pretty simple... Coconut oil, water, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, rice bran oil, sodium bicarbonate, sodium borate, and orange essential oil.

I have lots of brushes and this is a very worthwhile purchase for me. It makes cleaning a brush quick and a tad more fun than shampoo or vinegar and water. It is my first Zingari product of any kind and I am impressed.👍

805ACC2C-BB05-4E8D-9054-5782D8ABA280.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I picked up a tub of Zingari‘s brush cleaner as I have heard good things... and I own a bunch of brushes that do not get cleaned often enough.

Turns out Zingari’s cleaner works extremely well. It cleans brushes quickly, smells great (citrus) and it will last for a very very long time. This will clean dozens of brushes and I can’t see blowing thru this tub any time soon (years).

It isn’t super expensive ($15 or less for a 4oz tub) but of course Dawn dish soap, vinegar/water or shampoo is cheaper if that works for you.

This cleaner is simple to use as you just lather it like any hard shaving soap and rinse the brush in water. I used a shaving bowl with warm water after lathering and after a couple minute soak, my brand new badger brush was almost completely stank free and my old brush was clean as a whistle.

The sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) helps with a bit of fizzines/effervescence when rinsed and is a smart addition to this type of product.

The ingredients are pretty simple... Coconut oil, water, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, rice bran oil, sodium bicarbonate, sodium borate, and orange essential oil.

I have lots of brushes and this is a very worthwhile purchase for me. It makes cleaning a brush quick and a tad more fun than shampoo or vinegar and water. It is my first Zingari product of any kind and I am impressed.👍

View attachment 1243771

Nicely done. Thanks.

Where'd you buy it?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Honestly, we have Dawn downstairs, but, BUT if I got this, I could just keep it under the bathroom sink and not have to walk up and down the stairs.

Everyone: But couldn't you just keep a bottle of dawn upstairs?

Me: shhhh

lol
You can hide it from your significant other with all of the other soaps! Also, stairs are dangerous. Think about your health first. Isn’t that worth $15?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Honestly, we have Dawn downstairs, but, BUT if I got this, I could just keep it under the bathroom sink and not have to walk up and down the stairs.

Everyone: But couldn't you just keep a bottle of dawn upstairs?

Me: shhhh

lol

If I put a bottle of Dawn in the bathroom, my wife moves it to the kitchen.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Looks like you got the last tub, I've been keeping an eye on the totc page and still no stock.

Ah! Americans! 1000 different ways to spend money! I use a €1 400ml shampoo for oily hair after each shave. With Zinc and no parabens! I buy it specifically for the brushes. My brushes are clean and their hair is shiny and flexible! They smell like lemon too! :laugh: Would you wash your hair with sodium carbonate or sodium borate (also known as borax?). I wouldn't! Why would your badgers want to?! Mine don't! :lol1: Of course, if you wash your brush once every full moon, something like bicarbonate and borax might be more in order! Well, they do sell sodium bicarbonate powder at the supermarket, but it only costs 75 cents for 500g. So, why would an American buy such a cheap product, when he can spend 15$ for 114g? :laugh:

Oh! Only now i noticed! The wording in american misguided me! I am sure that this brush cleaner, can clean anything!

I buy it to free the water pipes of the sink when they get clogged! It burns through whatever is obstructing the tubes! I am sure your badgers will be most happy for the treatment! :lol1:

Ah! Americans! 1000 different ways to spend money! I use a €1 400ml shampoo for oily hair after each shave. With Zinc and no parabens! I buy it specifically for the brushes. My brushes are clean and their hair is shiny and flexible! They smell like lemon too! :laugh: Would you wash your hair with sodium carbonate or sodium borate (also known as borax?). I wouldn't! Why would your badgers want to?! Mine don't! :lol1: Of course, if you wash your brush once every full moon, something like bicarbonate and borax might be more in order! Well, they do sell sodium bicarbonate powder at the supermarket, but it only costs 75 cents for 500g. So, why would an American buy such a cheap product, when he can spend 15$ for 114g? :laugh:
I dunno. I am not American.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Interesting. Looks like it's basically castile soap with some baking soda and borax. My guess is it does a fine job cleaning the brush, but the question is does it offer slickness, protection and post shave feel?

I have lots of brushes and this is a very worthwhile purchase for me. It makes cleaning a brush quick and a tad more fun than shampoo or vinegar and water. It is my first Zingari product of any kind and I am impressed.[emoji106]

View attachment 1243771
Sounds good. I use a clarifying shampoo for it's deep cleaning properties.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I will look into this product once I use up the remainder of my Ship Shape cleaning product--recommended by our nearyby Sally's Beauty Supply.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Interesting. Looks like it's basically castile soap with some baking soda and borax. My guess is it does a fine job cleaning the brush, but the question is does it offer slickness, protection and post shave feel?

Wait castille soap... isn't that the Dr. Boner's stuff? That comes in a squeeze bottle? I think we have a bottle somewhere... I mean if its mainly that, that saves me a few bucks..

linty1

My wallet cries.
30CFBFDE-D60D-4B51-A5AD-9AC3DF9FD557.jpeg

It arrived! (Actually a few days ago, I didn't get to try it until tonight) And wow... I think it conditions the brush too, it came out soft and a nice little citrus smell. Should last a long time.

Top Bottom