What's new

Lupo stainless?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Another solid shave, #4 with the KAI & Lupo .95. The blade still feels good and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down yet. A very nice 2 pass shave that left my mug smooth and with that almost rubbery feel. I‘ve been averaging anywhere’s between 13-15 hours in shave duration since I installed the KAI, right up there with the Feather to be quite honest. Though, I think the 2nd & 3rd shave with the Feather/Lupo .95 was a bit more comfy and equally efficient as the KAI/Lupo pairing. Still, awesome shaves this past week with Japan’s best blades in the wet shave business.

Happy shaves to all.... :shaving:

View attachment 1250019

What handle are you using on your Lupo? How long is it?

Thanks!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I know a few weeks back we were talking about the Lupo's did not come with a leather razor case so I have one when I received my RR GC.84 and it is nice for travelling. These might be a little better for travelling or storage or just putting valuables in them. They look like a Pelican style case but are not as heavy duty as Pelican but offer lot of protection and they do have a O ring seal from preventing moisture entering the case. It took a while to get them here from offshore but they will work for my hobby needs.
Pelican style razor case 4.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I know a few weeks back we were talking about the Lupo's did not come with a leather razor case so I have one when I received my RR GC.84 and it is nice for travelling. These might be a little better for travelling or storage or just putting valuables in them. They look like a Pelican style case but are not as heavy duty as Pelican but offer lot of protection and they do have a O ring seal from preventing moisture entering the case. It took a while to get them here from offshore but they will work for my hobby needs.

That looks pretty nifty!
Italian Barber does offer waxed canvas pouches like the leather one that comes/came with (?) the GC and the pricing was decent. I grabbed a handful of those just so my mini collection isn’t clanking around in my drawer/dop bag.
I’m not sure the Lupo will ever see the inside of the drawer but the others will be in and out.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Today...the dual comb Lupo was up. Used only the .95 side. Amazing! Not aggressive, to me, at all. I immediately surfed out to Italian Barber and picked a .95 version up. I see a big PIF in my near future. A big "finally"! What a great double edge safety razor RazoRock has produced, YMMV.

So...tomorrow is a kind of experiment for me. I will now go back to using my other razors to see if I'm hallucinating or if they'll be part of a PIF. Well...with a PIF...you know it'll find a good home.

Kit 20210414.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, April 14th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo .72 :thumbup: - MFG 2021, excellent designed razor, I get stellar shaves. Carefree shaving mostly.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP(black)-Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with some longevity. 1st shave is usually smooooth!
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood- Nice Bayrum with mild clove scent, great soap, It is a thirsty soap, great protection & post shave.
Brush: Yaqi artic sky syn 24mm, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum + sandal wood & some clove:001_wub:+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo .72 & Gillette 7oclock SP.

DE SOTD, Wed, April 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ya know, some things in wet shaving defy logic. I'm sure we all have a list of entries on that topic. Well, today my list just gained another entry, in how a more aggressive razor gave a bloodfree shave when a less aggressive razor of identical design could not. So to @GlazedBoker , @Sweeney_ , @Nehbulah , and @SharpieB , well played, gentlemen.

Both myself and @Galaktus were both unsatisfied with our Stainless Lupo experiences; he with the 95, and I with the 72. So in true B&B fashion, we traded baseplates, and they both arrived to their new owners yesterday afternoon.

This morning I was supposed to try out my new 68 Jaws, but decided to give the Lupo 95 a whirl instead. To make things fair, I used clippers to knock the seven-day growth down to a two to three day equivalent.

Razor: Lupo 95 on Bamboo handle
Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge [Yellow] (3)
Prep: Shower and bloom water
Soap: Grooming Department Peach Chypre
Post Shave: Alum Block followed by RazoRock Chicago aftershave

The shave was fantastic. No weepers. In fact, the shave was going so well that I even went for a third ATG pass. The alum block afterwards brought forth no flames that required reaching for the fire extinguisher. Given the stark contrast to the Lupo 72, none of this makes any sense to me. Not one bit. But at the end of the shave, I guess it doesn't really have to, does it? Operation Den Clearing is still underway, but the Lupo 95 isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

~Kai

P.S. Now, as much as I love Kai blades, I don't think I'm ready for that step just yet @GlazedBoker , but when I do, you can expect to be tagged in that post. And @Bglayer , you really should try an open comb razor. Don't buy into the hype that open comb razors are inherently aggressive by design, as that's just not true.

My Lupo SS 95 arrived yesterday. First impression and shave: the head is unbelievably flat and compact. Blade alignment is automatic, pop the blade in, tighten the handle, done. I got the HD handle (the selection in the EU is limited, the 95 SS comes with this, there is no other choice). Grip is great, length is great, but it feels a bit heavy (little over 100g with the head on my scale). Now I get why you guys put a lighter handle on it. Shave (compared to an R41), blade: german wilkinson (2nd use): very smooth, no sign of aggression, but at the same time very efficient. It seems to hold the blade quite well, and there is almost no cutting noise. I did a 2+ pass shave (WTG, XTG, cleanup). The head is so compact, I managed to nick myself near the nostril :), no need to do funny things with this razor to clean the mustache. I also did some buffing on the neck during the cleanup, then the razor showed itself, and I managed to irritate that patch a bit. It is so smooth, it is easy to get careless. Overall very satisfied, DFS+ on the cheeks, the trouble area near the chin was also great, but so far the R41 gets a tad closer on the neck.
Hopefully I can adjust my technique to the razor, and experiment with blades, to get even better results. So far it is a keeper.

Ya know, some things in wet shaving defy logic. I'm sure we all have a list of entries on that topic. Well, today my list just gained another entry, in how a more aggressive razor gave a bloodfree shave when a less aggressive razor of identical design could not. So to @GlazedBoker , @Sweeney_ , @Nehbulah , and @SharpieB , well played, gentlemen.

Both myself and @Galaktus were both unsatisfied with our Stainless Lupo experiences; he with the 95, and I with the 72. So in true B&B fashion, we traded baseplates, and they both arrived to their new owners yesterday afternoon.

This morning I was supposed to try out my new 68 Jaws, but decided to give the Lupo 95 a whirl instead. To make things fair, I used clippers to knock the seven-day growth down to a two to three day equivalent.

Razor: Lupo 95 on Bamboo handle
Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge [Yellow] (3)
Prep: Shower and bloom water
Soap: Grooming Department Peach Chypre
Post Shave: Alum Block followed by RazoRock Chicago aftershave

The shave was fantastic. No weepers. In fact, the shave was going so well that I even went for a third ATG pass. The alum block afterwards brought forth no flames that required reaching for the fire extinguisher. Given the stark contrast to the Lupo 72, none of this makes any sense to me. Not one bit. But at the end of the shave, I guess it doesn't really have to, does it? Operation Den Clearing is still underway, but the Lupo 95 isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

~Kai

P.S. Now, as much as I love Kai blades, I don't think I'm ready for that step just yet @GlazedBoker , but when I do, you can expect to be tagged in that post. And @Bglayer , you really should try an open comb razor. Don't buy into the hype that open comb razors are inherently aggressive by design, as that's just not true.

A good shave in the end is all that matters. Continued great ones.

Happy shaves...... :shaving:

Top Bottom