What's new

Grape Scented Shave Soap???

I'm stumped. I received a call from a friend's wife who wants to buy him a special grape-scented shave soap for his birthday! She said when he was younger he worked in a winery in CA and has a fixation about the scent of grapes. I'm stumped and can't think of anything. Do any of you guys have any ideas?

Goodfellas Smile Blueberry Grapes is the only soap even remotely close I have heard of. Never tried it but a few members here have it.

And it has very strong scent too. Although blueberry grape isn't exactly the same as grapes you make wine from. In fact, if one translates the writing in italian on the box, it says: Grapes Blueberry. Like in 2 different things. The scent also has something chemical-artificial in it. I write it because many members here have exquisite nose that would protest if something isn't feeling 100% natural. To me, the scent has something that reminds grapes, but it is not straightforward. But it is a nice scent.

This is from the manufacturer.
Of this solid soap (60 mm of diameter x 22 mm in height) you will be able to perceive the top notes of tangerine, Orange flowers, neroli e grape who will accompany you to his heart green, fruity e blueberry sinking into a bed flowery, pink e caramello. A touch of sweetness in a soap with an unusual fragrance.

OLFACTORY FAMILY: Fruity, Grape, Blueberry, Green, Flowery, Sweet

Head: Mandarin, Orange Blossoms, Neroli, Grapes
Heart: Green, Herbaceous, Fruity, Blueberry
Background: Fiorite, Rosa, Caramel

I smelled the puck again. To me, it is more Blueberry than grapes. I would call it "grapish Blueberries". I can also confirm that it is sweet scent. As for oranges, herbs and the rest, i smell nothing.

Last edited:
Maybe worth a look judging by the description, not tried this scent myself but the soap base is top notch, 20% off on their site today
Screenshot_20210413_180509.jpg
Screenshot_20210413_180530.jpg

There are some soaps with red wine notes. West coast shaving Glogg soap and southern witchcraft has soap with some notes of red wine

Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse is a great choice here. It’s a grape scented fougere. Very good soap and interesting scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBL Grape Soda- not sure if it's still available but this is a great soap with a scent true to its name.

CB knee high to a grape- again sorry not sure if still in production.

KShaveworks also used to make a grape scented soap but I haven't tried it.

Why in the world would anybody want to have a shave soap that smelled like grapes? I mean, most "grape-scented" stuff actually smells like grape candy and not at all like real grapes, anyway. And it's not a good scent for a shave soap. It just isn't.
Back in the day I got excited to try a scent from The Gentleman's Quarter that was Blueberry something or other. It smelled pretty good off the puck, but actually shaving with it just didn't work for me at all.
As far as fruits are concerned, the following are what works for me:
lemon
lime
orange
grapefruit
peach
pear
pineapple

I can't think of any other fruit scents that I'd even want to try. Apple sounds bad. Grape is definitely bad. Blueberry/strawberry/blackberry, etc., no thanks. Maybe kiwi? MAYBE mango?

Top Bottom