What's new

Let's see your favorite shaving mug.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Fellow Mugsters:
UPS Truck.jpg
I 'm waiting on a 3in Plastic (plumbing), Test Cap that I'll use as a Cover (I like this one because of little 'nipple' used to grasp the cover), for my Sears, Roebuck & Co. Catalog Ceramic Shaving Mug (I'm a 90% face latherer & 10% scuttle user), which is 3¼in tall and 3in across the top. :thumbsup:

My 3in Plastric Cap - Cover for Shaving Mug.jpg

sears-mug-1-jpg.906363
sears-mug-jpg.906364

Shaving -1.jpg
“One Razor, One Mug & Brush, One Lather; One Shave at a Time”. CBJ

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
A thin-walled stainless steel (salad?) bowl, from Atlantic Superstore, for something like $3 or $4.

It floats in the hot rinse water, so it functions much like a modern scuttle.

Mmmmm... warm lather.

You can get an identical one from Karve Shaving Co. for somewhat more.

Let's bring the dead thread back! I wanna see some interesting mug/bowls! here's mine(black and red one) plus a New one I just saved from an antique store. Now I can see if dots or a swirl makes lather faster
DSCF9580.JPG
DSCF9581.JPG
DSCF9582.JPG

When using a mug, I usually reach for my Wm. Neumann & Co., but the Pereira Shavery bowls are also very nice. My favorite collectible mugs are a Champrel 'A Mug for a Mug', a Old Spice mug w/soap and box (1944-46), Seaforth with rare cigarette holder top, and a Pickwick Cosmetic Corp. Mexicali soap and cigarette jar. All contain the original soap except the Mexicali jar.
IMG_1055.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG
IMG_1049.JPG

Quick question. How do most of you use a shaving mug? Do you keep a soap puck in the bottom? If so, do you just lather off the puck then to your face? What do you do once you finish shaving? Do you leave the excess lathered soap on the puck or do you rinse it off? I am waiting to receive an Old Spice mug and I'm wondering the best way to use it.

I currently load my brush from the soap container and then lather in a Captains Choice copper bowl. Just wondering how to best use a mug?

Top Bottom