What's new

Anyone excited about Hockey? NHL 2021

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Well, the trade deadline has come and gone ... now we just wait and see who makes the playoffs and who doesn't!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Rocket playing to the camera just after scoring his 500th career goal. Gotta love the Forum, before the 1960s renovation.

rocket 500.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
How are the Krakens doing?
Owen:
proxy.php
As you know...a legend from the deep awakens...meet your Seattle Kraken (its official...'Release the Kraken')!

By Sean O'Leary - MSN Sports - 23 July 2020

"The NHL's 32nd franchise officially unveiled its name Thursday, opting for a reference to the mythological ocean beast.

The brand-new logo was revealed in an incredible video from the club's social media team.

1595526738284-png.1129484

"Seattle's a city with a deep maritime history," general manager Ron Francis said, per NHL.com's Nicholas Cotsonika. "I think this name embodies a connection with the sea and a curiosity of what lies beneath it. It's a natural tie to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

"In theory, it reflects the power and aggression in the game of hockey. We're hoping that's the kind of tenacity our players show every time they take the ice. So I'm excited by it."

Here's a look at the Kraken's inaugural uniform set (no third jersey yet), which features a unique double-blue theme with Asubtle hints of red to match the eye of the monster in the 'S' logo, Space Needle & Anchor on the shoulder. :thumbsup:

The Kranken.jpg
will take the ice beginning in the 2021-22 season
".

Works Cited: Seattle Kraken

proxy.php
"Emerald City hockey...miracle in the evergreens". CBJ

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Owen:
proxy.php
As you know...a legend from the deep awakens...meet your Seattle Kraken (its official...'Release the Kraken')!

By Sean O'Leary - MSN Sports - 23 July 2020

"The NHL's 32nd franchise officially unveiled its name Thursday, opting for a reference to the mythological ocean beast.

The brand-new logo was revealed in an incredible video from the club's social media team.

1595526738284-png.1129484

"Seattle's a city with a deep maritime history," general manager Ron Francis said, per NHL.com's Nicholas Cotsonika. "I think this name embodies a connection with the sea and a curiosity of what lies beneath it. It's a natural tie to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

"In theory, it reflects the power and aggression in the game of hockey. We're hoping that's the kind of tenacity our players show every time they take the ice. So I'm excited by it."

Here's a look at the Kraken's inaugural uniform set (no third jersey yet), which features a unique double-blue theme with Asubtle hints of red to match the eye of the monster in the 'S' logo, Space Needle & Anchor on the shoulder. :thumbsup:

The Kraken will take the ice beginning in the 2021-22 season".

Works Cited: Seattle Kraken

proxy.php
"Emerald City hockey...miracle in the evergreens". CBJ
Wow. Playing a game will probably seem anticlimactic to the Krakens after all that.

Owen Bawn

Speaking of Maurice Richard, on this date in 1960 he played his last game as the Habs beat Toronto for their fifth consecutive Stanley Cup.

rocket 60.jpg
habs 60.jpg

Owen Bawn

Pierre McGuire is a feckin' eejit. So is his broadcast partner. The Tampa goaltender Vasilevsky got an assist on a goal tonight with a beautiful stretch pass to the red line but neither of these 2 idiots mentioned it. It wasn't mentioned on air at all until they cut to the studio desk between periods. He was having an incredible night in goal, by the way.

Owen Bawn

Owen:
plus-one-png.797576
...and some said he looked more like he should have been tending bar than tending the pipes.
proxy.php

full
"To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours), for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ
This somehow slipped past me, but I finally just watched it. Outstanding piece- thanks for sharing it. Gump looks better now than he did in 1968.

Owen Bawn

Well our Nordiques aren't sucking at the moment...;)
It burns me that Florida has 2 NHL teams while Quebec City has none- in fact, there isn't a single franchise in Canada east of Montreal. I remember when everyone in the Maritimes was a Boston fan because the radio signal traveled so well across the water and the Bruins (& Red Sox) broadcasts came in as clear as could be.

Pierre McGuire is a feckin' eejit. So is his broadcast partner. The Tampa goaltender Vasilevsky got an assist on a goal tonight with a beautiful stretch pass to the red line but neither of these 2 idiots mentioned it. It wasn't mentioned on air at all until they cut to the studio desk between periods. He was having an incredible night in goal, by the way.
Enjoy having Pierre. 😂

Love,

ALL of Canada

Owen Bawn

My fave American who has worked in sports in Canada is Pinball Clemons.... and remember, I went to the same college as Flutie. But Pinball belongs up there. He's no longer an American; he's as Canadian as they come.

My fave American who has worked in sports in Canada is Pinball Clemons.... and remember, I went to the same college as Flutie. But Pinball belongs up there. He's no longer an American; he's as Canadian as they come.
Pinball is like that in real life. He is very likely the nicest and most genuine person in sports. He could play football too. We’re keeping him.

We want back Nova Scotia’s Nathan MacKinnon. You can keep Brad Marchand (also Nova Scotia) as I can’t stand him. Great player but just seems like a miserable @$$.

Owen Bawn

Pinball is like that in real life. He is very likely the nicest and most genuine person in sports. He could play football too. We’re keeping him.

We want back Nova Scotia’s Nathan MacKinnon. You can keep Brad Marchand (also Nova Scotia) as I can’t stand him. Great player but just seems like a miserable @$$.
My fave Nova Scotia guy in the NHL was Lowell MacDonald- he was from Sydney or Glace Bay, Cape Breton. I know his American born son Lane, who led Harvard to the US college national championship in 89 and who still lives in Boston.

EDIT- sorry, Lowell MacDonald was born in New Glasgow, not on Cape Breton. New Glasgow is on the north shore of NS, I believe between Pictou and Antigonish.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
It burns me that Florida has 2 NHL teams while Quebec City has none- in fact, there isn't a single franchise in Canada east of Montreal. I remember when everyone in the Maritimes was a Boston fan because the radio signal traveled so well across the water and the Bruins (& Red Sox) broadcasts came in as clear as could be.
I hear where you're coming from but it's not like they enjoyed a long and rich NHL history. We were ready for a new NHL team here. Not to mention the fact that east of Montreal you're running out of populous areas.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Rainbows today ... aka, the NHL’s Pens-Sabres Joint Pride Game.

Rather than watch this tilt, I think I’ll go get a root canal or something equally as tedious & painful.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I’m dying. My Blues just lost to the Coyotes to fall out of a playoff spot. Been a tough season. My baseball Cardinals aren‘t lighting it up either, and MLS doesn’t kickoff in town until next year. Perhaps I will switch my 2021 allegiance to Toronto or Winnipeg.

Top Bottom