What's new

Speakeasy RIP

Monkey Shoulder was put to rest tonight. Will definitely be getting another bottle at some point.
D9C59853-F040-4197-B18A-B5B4CE24A26C.jpeg

Monkey Shoulder was put to rest tonight. Will definitely be getting another bottle at some point. View attachment 1228519

my better half killed the poor new purchase over the weekend. fortunately or unfortunately she really likes scotch.

just as well, in the next week we get to plan our missed anniversary outing we had scheduled in January. covid hit the whole household and turned our world upside down for a bit.

so by this next weekend barring any other curveballs, we should be able to disappear for a couple of days.

were both fully vaccinated. I can't remember the last time we could just spend time for us.

camo

my better half killed the poor new purchase over the weekend. fortunately or unfortunately she really likes scotch.

just as well, in the next week we get to plan our missed anniversary outing we had scheduled in January. covid hit the whole household and turned our world upside down for a bit.

so by this next weekend barring any other curveballs, we should be able to disappear for a couple of days.

were both fully vaccinated. I can't remember the last time we could just spend time for us.

camo
It is good stuff.
Wow, well I hope everyone is doing better!

Enjoy the time away just the two of you! I hope it is restful and relaxing!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
20210410_211055.jpg

This might be my favorite bottle of whisky I've ever had. Absolutely amazing stuff. It was crazy expensive, and the only reason I bought it was because it was a gift to myself (and Mrs. TL, who loves whisky) after something went very well.

Little did I know that I would use about half of this bottle to inform my recovery of my sense of smell after COVID-19.

M sense of smell is back after a few months. That's another thing that has gone very well. They still had another bottle, so I got it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Lesson learned from this bottle: Don't let them sit around almost empty for too long. Really lost some of the wonderful flavor while saving this one.

I've worked on some "discipline" over the years with the better stuff. I do my best to keep from having too many bottles open. When I do open a bottle, I do my best to finish it within 6 months, even if that means I have to share it. ;)

Top Bottom