What's new

Head Shavers: Wet Shave or Goop?

I've been shaving my head for 10+ years. Shave in the shower and never look, do it all by feel.

Before learning to wet shave (3 yrs now), I purchased a few cans of Edge. That's what I've been using only the noggin. It's quick, easy.

Am starting to run out of Edge and was curious to know what other head shavers use.

I don't shave my dome in the shower so it's a budget shaving cream (Arko, Palmolive, Vitos, Proraso...) and a boar or synth.
Razor is a Razorock Eco Hawk SE.

Guess I should extend the question a little more.

I tend to bowl lather, but have face lathered on numerous occasions. Love the smell and get to see the lather I build.

If you wet shave your head, do you head lather or bowl lather? (I might have a tough time determining when I've lathered enough on the head if I can't see what I'm doing. That's right, no mirror in the shower.)

I have a personal preference for bowl lathering. If I am whipping it up for the face, makes sense to me to use the same on the dome; especially for the scent and other enjoyable properties.

Guess I should extend the question a little more.

I tend to bowl lather, but have face lathered on numerous occasions. Love the smell and get to see the lather I build.

If you wet shave your head, do you head lather or bowl lather? (I might have a tough time determining when I've lathered enough on the head if I can't see what I'm doing. That's right, no mirror in the shower.)
Hand lather. Lather dome first and shave it last to maximize saturation time as my head stubble is much more difficult to render smooth than my beard.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I lather right on the dome most often with a big boar or synthetic. Usually have plenty enough to shave around my circle beard.

Last edited:
I bowl lather to shave my head. I do this because I have some spots that seem to need several passes to get that BBS I crave. It's easier for me to reapply lather that's already in my bowl.

I lather on my head. I’ve been thinking about trying bowl lathering, but I haven’t yet. I prefer PAA soaps, but I have some from A&E and other brands too. I either use a leaf or a defender razor, depending on how I’m feeling and how much time I have. The Leaf takes me a little longer. I have used a DE in the past, but that takes me FOREVER! So I only do that when I have time to spare.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Bowl. I also use cheap soap. Make a slick lather; use a boar brush.

I don't own any "normal" DE razors, but I've got a pile of slants, Gem, AC and both 1/2DE and AC barber straights.

Since all I shave is my head, that oughta tell ya that just about any razor works just fine.

O.H.

Arko. Rub the stick around. Whip up a lather with a wet brush. Maybe add some more water for a nice slick lather (Arko can take quite a bit of water). The brush will hold enough to do a second or third pass.

All of the above for me. Depends on which soap I'm using, how my skin feels and what I feel like doing that day. I'm not a shower shaver, though. I shave at the sink before my shower.

Top Bottom