What's new

Pipe before or after breakfast?

Yes, I presume some of you will say "Both" or "Yes." I've tried it both ways, and somehow I prefer a pipe, if I have time for one, after I've had at least a little to eat. This morning, scrambled eggs and 2 strips of *very* crisp bacon, plus a tiny bit of bran flakes in milk, preceded my bowl of SWR in my Peterson 307 (rapidly becoming my Saturday morning regular setup).

How about you?

I'm not sure how to answer that one, as breakfast for me is usually 2 cups of coffee and a cob full of something fairly mild. During the work week, it's a cup and a partial bowl at 5am. The other cup and rest of the bowl in the car on my way to work. God I love Saturdays!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Mornings always started this way for me when I smoked a pipe: reach for my glasses, start coffee, fill pipe, light pipe, drink coffee. Eat breakfast eventually.

I miss my pipe DAILY! Not ONLY did it make me LOOK wiser, I think it actually made me wiser.

The process of lighting a cigarette is pretty simple, unless you are a caveman I suppose.

But using a pipe is SO (at least for me) ritualistic that I think I actually miss the preparation TO smoking more than the actual smoking of the pipe.

LOL! Humans like me are SO odd!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Question for all you brown leafers: am I breaking any rules by posting on all y'all's threads? If so, I apologize!

I just LOVE living vicariously through you folks, as it reminds me so much of my Dad and I, just sitting, both of us enjoying the Sunday papers, coffee black....his Prince Albert and what he'd sometimes call my "girly tobacco" - Borkum Riff in different blends.... I close my eyes and go back 40 years.....

So PLEASE don't turn me into those Mods!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Question for all you brown leafers: am I breaking any rules by posting on all y'all's threads? If so, I apologize!

I just LOVE living vicariously through you folks, as it reminds me so much of my Dad and I, just sitting, both of us enjoying the Sunday papers, coffee black....his Prince Albert and what he'd sometimes call my "girly tobacco" - Borkum Riff in different blends.... I close my eyes and go back 40 years.....

So PLEASE don't turn me into those Mods!
FarmerTan you are welcome just about anywhere 😂.

When I wake up on weekends or days off. The first thing I do is brew up a pot of coffee. After i pour me a cup. I load my pipe with Carter Hall and get on the shaving forums to see what's going on.

I enjoy a smoke after breakfast too. But usually don't get hungry when I first wake up. It takes me about 3hrs before I get an appetite.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
When I wake up on weekends or days off. The first thing I do is brew up a pot of coffee. After i pour me a cup. I load my pipe with Carter Hall and get on the shaving forums to see what's going on.

I enjoy a smoke after breakfast too. But usually don't get hungry when I first wake up. It takes me about 3hrs before I get an appetite.

This. Hot coffee and a pipeful. Watch the dog chase the deer.

That may be breakfast some mornings.

Top Bottom