What's new

Pairing aftershaves with MDC Fougere and Original

Hi All,

I'm looking for suggestions for a pairing/matching aftershave splash and balm to go with Martin de Candre (MDC) Fougere and Original soaps. Any ideas?

I pair the fougere with Captains Choice land ho. And the original with Myrsol agua balsamica. Works for me.

Asylum “Royal Fougere” works.

Its a travesty MdC doesnt offer matching AS - mostly because, based upon the scents and performance of their soaps, you just know a MdC branded AS would be pretty dang good and perfect. :-(

I just returned from a trip to Portugal where I stumbled into a shop with Portuguese shaving supplies. As I was smelling various aftershaves and eau de colognes I came across Ach Brito Lavenda. I loved the scent and it reminded me of something I couldn’t place. Upon return home I purchased a bottle from Pasteur’s online shop (Maggard’s also sells but was sold out). I finally realized that Ach Brito Lavenda is the missing link. It is the perfect post shave companion to MDC Fougere especially after the dry down. I’m so pumped I finally came across the perfect match. I highly recommend this pairing.

SV Felce A/S lotion, although not cheap, is pretty much an exact match for MDC Fougere. Houbigant Fougere Royale also matches very closely as a cologne. Although a bottle of Fougere Royale is quite pricey, there are a number of vendors on eBay that sell decants. Since only one spray is needed, a 15 or 30 ml decant will last a good long while. I started with a decant and then bought a full bottle. Use some drugstore witch hazel followed by a spray of Fougere Royale, and you will be set for the day!

Myrsol Agua Balsamica is a very close pairing for the Original. Some hints of lavender but mostly a herbal scent. If you don't mind smelling like you hiked for thyme and rosemary then that's the scent for you. It's not long lasting but it has amazing properties. Plus it comes in a fancy glass bottle. What's not to like

Asylum “Royal Fougere” works.

Its a travesty MdC doesnt offer matching AS - mostly because, based upon the scents and performance of their soaps, you just know a MdC branded AS would be pretty dang good and perfect. :-(
Just picked up some Le Pere Lucien - Fougere.

I like it a bit better for a match to MdC Fougere.

Top Bottom