What's new

Simpson Centenary Edition Case and Berkeley Brushes Available...

If anyone is looking for a cool smaller Simpson brush, they just added 5 different coloured Case models and a yellow 46. A bit pricy, but the look cool and are very limited.

1002F199-2DF7-4CD1-B526-216EE0AC6D5D.jpeg

So tempting! I love my Case, and that Emerald handle is calling my name. But unless a Brinks truck spills it contents in front of me on my drive home, I'm gonna resist. My tax bracket does not allow me to buy multiples of the same brush, no matter how sexy the handle variation.

So tempting! I love my Case, and that Emerald handle is calling my name. But unless a Brinks truck spills it contents in front of me on my drive home, I'm gonna resist. My tax bracket does not allow me to buy multiples of the same brush, no matter how sexy the handle variation.
I was looking at the Sapphire 46 but it sold out and I am avoiding all Shaving related purchases in April anyways.

I recently received a Chubby 2 in Emerald and it looks killer. Emerald is a great Simpson handle colour. 👍

The Case seems like kind of a weird brush to get an LE of, since my understanding was that its big selling point was that it was made to fit in the Simpson travel case, and spending a lot on a limited edition travel brush seems unwise. Then again, the Case does have a lovely handle... If I hadn't gotten one of the Centenary 46's, I'd probably be tempted to spring for one of the emeralds.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The Case seems like kind of a weird brush to get an LE of, since my understanding was that its big selling point was that it was made to fit in the Simpson travel case, and spending a lot on a limited edition travel brush seems unwise. Then again, the Case does have a lovely handle... If I hadn't gotten one of the Centenary 46's, I'd probably be tempted to spring for one of the emeralds.
The Case is one of several Simpson brushes that fit in the smaller travel case and is far from being their smallest brush. There have been several so called Limited Edition small Simpson brushes and I have a tortoiseshell Wee Scot that I use often. Many people regularly use what other regard as 'travel brushes' and an investment in them is no different to any other brush. That said, I find the latest Simpson handle colours rather lurid and was very disappointed with the centenary offerings and the recent black Friday sales. 👍

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here... but I believe that originally, the Case was the largest brush in what was the 'Wee Scot' series. There was a brush no longer made that was actually smaller than today's Wee Scot, then what we know as the Wee Scot, and finally the largest of the three, the Case.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Case is one of several Simpson brushes that fit in the smaller travel case and is far from being their smallest brush. There have been several so called Limited Edition small Simpson brushes and I have a tortoiseshell Wee Scot that I use often. Many people regularly use what other regard as 'travel brushes' and an investment in them is no different to any other brush. That said, I find the latest Simpson handle colours rather lurid and was very disappointed with the centenary offerings and the recent black Friday sales. 👍
I agree that Black Friday 2020 was disappointing. I have gotten some extraordinary brushes at incredible discount over the years in the Black Friday sales- Dukes in silvertip and Manchurian, M7s in Manchurian, Eagles in Super... all sold at least 50% off the standard retail price. Last year's offerings were meager in comparison, and the discounts barely covered the increase in the cost of postage.

I can't blame Simpsons for responding to the market in terms of handle colours. I'm pretty conservative and traditional that way myself, but as long as they continue making handles that interest me I have no problem with their electric limes and tie dye designs if that's what other guys want to buy.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here... but I believe that originally, the Case was the largest brush in what was the 'Wee Scot' series. There was a brush no longer made that was actually smaller than today's Wee Scot, then what we know as the Wee Scot, and finally the largest of the three, the Case.
I think that is correct. I have read that there was a Wee Scot Nano with 12mm knot and 34mm loft. Here is one branded for Hoffritz, not mine I regret to say.

attachments.jpg

7B3498E6-F798-4F9E-8F74-6C471CDA63BB.jpeg

The Wee Scot Nano was super tiny. I asked Mark W. a few months ago if it would ever be rereleased and he didn’t respond. I would buy one for the novelty factor, but I can’t imagine how small it actually is in person.

The faux ruby, followed by the emerald, are spectacular handles! In 10 years time, for my 70th birthday, i may buy whatever ruby handle i find with the highest possible loft available in Simpson. Men in my family have lived through their 90s, so i think i will get 20 good years of use out of it.

The faux ruby, followed by the emerald, are spectacular handles! In 10 years time, for my 70th birthday, i may buy whatever ruby handle i find with the highest possible loft available in Simpson. Men in my family have lived through their 90s, so i think i will get 20 good years of use out of it.
A ruby Polo 14 would be a pretty crazy brush. 😱

I agree about the colours. Rudy is beautiful as is emerald. My Chubby 2 is emerald, but it was a toss up vs. Ruby. I only went with the emerald green as there doesn’t seem to be many Simpsons in this colour out in the wild.

A ruby Polo 14 would be a pretty crazy brush. 😱

I agree about the colours. Rudy is beautiful as is emerald. My Chubby 2 is emerald, but it was a toss up vs. Ruby. I only went with the emerald green as there doesn’t seem to be many Simpsons in this colour out in the wild.

I don't care what handle, as long as it is one of these 2 colours and with a possibly high loft. Oh, so you have an emerald! Lucky man! The Emerald is wonderful too. If you can't have them all, one is enough. The Ruby and the Emerald, standout from the others. 3rd for me, is the Blue Sapphire, then the green medallion and last the Tortoishell or however it is written.

What about the Harry Lauder?

Top Bottom