What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

I received a confirmed order through Google July 26, last year and received my proceed email today. So, almost nine months. Now I have to decide what to buy! Definitely a WR1 in high gap, 86. Handle will be #7. But OC or SB is a bit of a stumper for me, may go dual comb. Finish is also up in the air. Would love a high polish satin, but have been very happy with the basic polish at a much less cost. I know this is hashed over again and again, but would be glad to hear comments on the WR1 open comb or standard bar. I've had the WR2 1.25 DC and currently own the WR2 1.45 SB.

I got a .61 WR1 OC after getting my 1.05 WR2 SB and Im really not a fan of the additional blade feel of the WR1, and I hardly ever use it. Im back on the list for a 1.15 WR2. Just a heads up that the WR1 and WR2 are very different razors, at least to my face.

If you wanted to go .80 WR1 I'd say OC no question, it is marvellous smooth for the amount of blade exposure on offer. Haven't tried a higher gap so won't comment further, but I really enjoy my .61 OC so there is that. If I was going for another WR1 I'm pretty sure it would be an OC.

If you wanted to go .80 WR1 I'd say OC no question, it is marvellous smooth for the amount of blade exposure on offer. Haven't tried a higher gap so won't comment further, but I really enjoy my .61 OC so there is that. If I was going for another WR1 I'm pretty sure it would be an OC.
In general, I'm no fan of OCs but in a WR1 OC is the way to go, even with a 94mm gap.

You couldn't pay me to have an OC WR2 in any gap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have the 1.25, and have been on the wait list for the past 6 months. Love the 1.25, wouldn’t go any lower in gap, and was wondering what the next step might be - a 1.35 or a 1.45. I shave 2 to 3 days per week on average, and do not shave on consecutive days. Typical shave is two passes with a touch up. Appreciate any input the Wolfman vets could share. Also - are the upgraded finishes that much nicer? Mine is in the basic brushed. Thanks.
I shave in a schedule similar to yours. Rarely consecutively and with at least 2 to 3 days growth.

A 1.25 will cut close enough that in 24hrs I have enough stubble shave again if I wanted. A 1.55 will cut close enough to get me an 18-20 hour BBS.

Were i you, I would go at least 1.45. Or, if you sometimes have 5 or 6 days growth, a 1.55 or 1.65.

There are no wrong answers. Don't stress out over this. Any Wolfman is better than no Wolfman right?

The sooner you make the order, the quicker you can get back on the list!
Spoken like a man with a small pile of them. Ha!

For the guy that only wants one, I certainly get the angst to get it right the first time. Of course, with the email order system it will only take 8 or 9 months to get a different gap and cycle out the old.

Wolfman must still be in demand. I'm past the seventh month mark on the waitlist.
Send Tara an email. My order had gotten lost but she found it quickly just yesterday and sent me the proceed email.

Now, the question is, what do you get a man that has everything.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Send Tara an email. My order had gotten lost but she found it quickly just yesterday and sent me the proceed email.

A bigger box? :pipe:

Thanks for that. Yes, I did send Tara a note yesterday with a screenshot of my confirmed Google order form from July 26 last year. Within the hour I had two emails from her, one was an apology for losing the order, second was the confirmation order to purchase.
Actually I would be interested to know what you will be ordering. I'm thinking of a WR1 .86, possibly dual comb.

I shave in a schedule similar to yours. Rarely consecutively and with at least 2 to 3 days growth.

A 1.25 will cut close enough that in 24hrs I have enough stubble shave again if I wanted. A 1.55 will cut close enough to get me an 18-20 hour BBS.

Were i you, I would go at least 1.45. Or, if you sometimes have 5 or 6 days growth, a 1.55 or 1.65.

I shave 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) with usually a 2 pass shave WTG and ATG and touch ups around the chin area. I have owned and sold a WR2 1.15 SB due to it not being efficient enough around the neck and chin area about 6 months ago. I am up next on the Wolfman waitlist and would like to get your thoughts on what WR2 SB gap would satisfy me forever. As I do not plan on getting another Wolfman. I currently use a Timeless .95 SB Stainless as my only razor. Would you go : WR2 SB 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 for my situation ? Help me

thank you guys

I shave 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) with usually a 2 pass shave WTG and ATG and touch ups around the chin area. I have owned and sold a WR2 1.15 SB due to it not being efficient enough around the neck and chin area about 6 months ago. I am up next on the Wolfman waitlist and would like to get your thoughts on what WR2 SB gap would satisfy me forever. As I do not plan on getting another Wolfman. I currently use a Timeless .95 SB Stainless as my only razor. Would you go : WR2 SB 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 for my situation ? Help me

thank you guys
If memory serves, the T95 is close to a WR2 1.25mm and a .86mm WR1. So, if you are looking to up the efficiency a tick or 2, why not get a dual gap SB WR2? I would get either 135/155 or a 145/165.

The one thing you are going to gain over the T95 is blade feel. The 165 is still smooth and comfy but there is no question where the edge is. Even so, I could easily run a 145 every 48hrs for 2 passes. Use the 165 on Monday, the 145 on WF.

The DG heads have a couple of drawbacks but if you only have 1 WR2, it makes a ton of sense. If you want to replace the T95....go 135/155. If the T95 will stay in the den, go 145/165. The 165 is very good. It plows thru stubble.

If memory serves, the T95 is close to a WR2 1.25mm and a .86mm WR1. So, if you are looking to up the efficiency a tick or 2, why not get a dual gap SB WR2? I would get either 135/155 or a 145/165.

The one thing you are going to gain over the T95 is blade feel. The 165 is still smooth and comfy but there is no question where the edge is. Even so, I could easily run a 145 every 48hrs for 2 passes. Use the 165 on Monday, the 145 on WF.

The DG heads have a couple of drawbacks but if you only have 1 WR2, it makes a ton of sense. If you want to replace the T95....go 135/155. If the T95 will stay in the den, go 145/165. The 165 is very good. It plows thru stubble.

Thank you for these recommendations as I’m trying to think it out right now and decide by tonight which setup to get. I plan on keeping my Timeless .95 SB. So ideally I would like the best gap for shaving 3 days per week ever other day except weekends into Monday’s it’s 2 days in between shaving. I think I side on getting ONE gap for WR2 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 ? My WR2 1.15 that I sold was only efficient enough for everyday shaving which I don’t do. With this choice in gap my goal is for the shave to last possibly BBS close to 48 hours before feeling any stubble. As I tend to perform WTG pass and ATG pass with chin area touch ups finally before cleanup. Would you do 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 if you where me? I want no buyers remorse. Thanks again

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Thank you for these recommendations as I’m trying to think it out right now and decide by tonight which setup to get. I plan on keeping my Timeless .95 SB. So ideally I would like the best gap for shaving 3 days per week ever other day except weekends into Monday’s it’s 2 days in between shaving. I think I side on getting ONE gap for WR2 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 ? My WR2 1.15 that I sold was only efficient enough for everyday shaving which I don’t do. With this choice in gap my goal is for the shave to last possibly BBS close to 48 hours before feeling any stubble. As I tend to perform WTG pass and ATG pass with chin area touch ups finally before cleanup. Would you do 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 if you where me? I want no buyers remorse. Thanks again
I think @loot would say ‘get the 1.55 or 1.65 SB’. And I would concur.

Top Bottom