What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Seastar for another week.
B2C183B4-8E62-4D26-A406-B1568AF3C9D3.jpeg

That is a classic beauty. Is it a vintage Seawolf?

The short answer is that it is new and vintage inspired. Zodiac is noted for being first with a dive watch in 1953. Zodiac itself went bankrupt and Fossil bought the rights to the name around 2001. This model was re-released in 2015. Originally they had a diameter of 35mm which is too small for what customers want today. Fossil made it larger at 39.5mm but otherwise it is much the same - Swiss made, etc. Kind of neat that the Navy SEALS adopted it as their watch in the 1970's. There, now it is a long answer. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
The short answer is that it is new and vintage inspired. Zodiac is noted for being first with a dive watch in 1953. Zodiac itself went bankrupt and Fossil bought the rights to the name around 2001. This model was re-released in 2015. Originally they had a diameter of 35mm which is too small for what customers want today. Fossil made it larger at 39.5mm but otherwise it is much the same - Swiss made, etc. Kind of neat that the Navy SEALS adopted it as their watch in the 1970's. There, now it is a long answer. :biggrin1:
I have to say Fossil did a great job with the update. I have always loved the old Zodiac triple dates/moonphase watches. It was quite the brand in its day. Great looking watch you have there Captain.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm pretty sure I have something real close to that from the 1980's. I love those watches. Remind me of my first experience with disposable income.

Now my lovely War Department thinks we don't have ANY of that!

Shoulda never let 'em have the right to vote!
While the War Department watched Hallmark movies I tore down some old watches to get to the batteries. So I need a 373 and a 377.

The fuzzy pic is a watch I bought on October 3, 1992 as I recall.

The other one I got for free from "Haband" with a surprisingly nice jacket purchase. I figured for the price of a battery I can see if it runs and it occupies the otherwise fallow ground between my ears.IMG_20210407_215951752~2.jpgIMG_20210407_215941702~2.jpgIMG_20210407_214451604~2.jpgIMG_20210407_214440858~2.jpg
What would y'all do if I didn't show y'all my expensive watch kollection? Betcha caint wait for the next one!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I do have my eye on a green dial quartz watch from Red China on that auction site by the bay. Seems like it was an American distributor, and the watch was around $10.

I figure with all my friends getting older their eyesight might let me fool 'em into thinking the War Department let me use some Stimulus Money!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
While the War Department watched Hallmark movies I tore down some old watches to get to the batteries. So I need a 373 and a 377.

The other one I got for free from "Haband" with a surprisingly nice jacket purchase. I figured for the price of a battery I can see if it runs and it occupies the otherwise fallow ground between my ears.View attachment 1248278View attachment 1248279View attachment 1248280View attachment 1248281
What would y'all do if I didn't show y'all my expensive watch kollection? Betcha caint wait for the next one!
I see what's wrong with some of them watches: too many little parts inside--prob'ly left by some lazy worker. Whatcha' do, see, is you get yourself some needlenose pliers and start pullin' parts until the watches run right again. They need to breathe, see?

You know you can recharge them batteries, too? Just put 'em in a microwave for a few minutes on the popcorn setting and they'll be good as new. You can even see the sparks fly as they fill with juice.

When you're done, just give the insides a good squirt with WD-40, hammer them case backs closed and your watches will be dead solid accurate at least twice a day.

No thanks needed. Just tryin' to help a friend.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?

The other one I got for free from "Haband" with a surprisingly nice jacket purchase. I figured for the price of a battery I can see if it runs and it occupies the otherwise fallow ground between my ears.View attachment 1248278View attachment 1248279View attachment 1248280View attachment 1248281
I just pray you don’t start showing us photos of the skivvies you bought circa 1992!

Top Bottom