What's new

Soap that smells like Polo green

I have a bottle of PAA Han Polo aftershave and I love the scent, I was told that it’s based on Polo sport, I hope that’s correct otherwise according to don over at wet the face told me that his sport of kings scent is Polo sport.

My apologies for getting the scents confused

So I used my "sport of kings" from wet the face...........holy smokes, dead ringer, I'm super happy with it, I didn't know that PAA's Han Polo was based on Polo Green...........I stacked polo on top of polo today.

Soap: Wet The Face "sport of kings"
Aftershave: PAA Han Polo

I guess I apparently really like Polo products.

well I got the bad news that PAA removed the Han Polo scent from their profile, no soap or aftershave to be found on their site. I'm bummed because I have to be honest with you guys, I had finally found that one soap and aftershave............now I have to find something else.

Looks like I'll have to try Stirling Noir since the green isn't available, unless it's being released for a black friday special then I'll pull the trigger on that soap.

well I got the bad news that PAA removed the Han Polo scent from their profile, no soap or aftershave to be found on their site. I'm bummed because I have to be honest with you guys, I had finally found that one soap and aftershave............now I have to find something else.

Looks like I'll have to try Stirling Noir since the green isn't available, unless it's being released for a black friday special then I'll pull the trigger on that soap.
Stirling Green - Shave Soap (3oz) – Stirling Soap Company

Stirling Green - Aftershave Splash (2oz) – Stirling Soap Company

I jumped on the Stirling Green bandwagon as soon as I saw their email about their Black Friday releases. Hope it ends up being good! I've been really happy with all their other products. They are also doing a Fahrenheit clone (Alighieri). I kind of wish I had gotten two each since they are only 3 oz pucks, but I guess since I already have dozens of soaps I won't run out of these any time soon regardless!

So you guys positive this stuff “green” smells like PAA Han polo? If it doesn’t some of us here are gonna have words.....and throw hands!!!!!!! Real Donny brook will go down

My daughter likes Polo Green, and bought the PAA Han Polo set when they sent out the email saying they were going to discontinue it.
So I had her bring it over to compare to my bottle of Polo Green (it's probably about 20 years old at this point.. where did the time go??), and it was nothing like it. I didn't put any on to see what happened during the dry down, so maybe as it dries, the scent profile changes. But in the bottle, it's nothing like my real deal Polo Green.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
RL made a batch of Polo Green, or several, that the frag heads can’t stand. I don’t know the years of the top of my head, but I have one of those bottles and RL Polo Green doesn’t smell like Polo Green, lol. A quick Googling will tell you all you need to know.

Just keep in mind that they made at least one ‘strange’ batch of the stuff.

Also keep in mind that a lot of ‘juice’ doesn’t age well, some worse than others. I have an old bottle of Floris 89 EdT, bought used off a BST in a lot. It’s discolored, smells mostly powdery, and is definitely not fresh Floris 89 (which is essentially clear). But it’s still rather pleasant, much lighter than fresh 89. It would probably pair with Tabac shaving soap quite well!

Dear Stirling.....make "Green" available all year........in the soap and the aftershave........please and thank you!

Anyone else have any ideas on a Polo Green soap to fill the void till this comes back in Winter for Black Friday.

Top Bottom