What's new

What TV series you watching?

Just started watching Season 3 of Westworld. The catch up at the start of episode one reminded me how confusing it had gotten!
Yeah. Westworld was pretty disappointing as to plot and storytelling. Too hard to follow. Inconsistent character actions.

Yeah. Westworld was pretty disappointing as to plot and storytelling. Too hard to follow. Inconsistent character actions.
I enjoyed Season 1, Season 2 is where it lost me which is why we put off watching Season 3 for so long but decided to try and see it through!

Tubi has corrected their issue with playing episodes of Dead Like Me, so we watched episode 7 last night, "Reaper Madness." Truly a one-of-a-kind fantasy series.

Georgia "George" Lass (re: the schizophrenic young man who think she can see Death, and who is visiting her apartment): "Except for the fact that he was mentally ill and I was undead, it was starting to feel like a date."
Schizophrenic Young Man: "Is Rube [George's boss] Death?"

George: "He's . . . middle management."

Last edited:
It tried too hard for a literary feel, as opposed to the action story of the long-ago Michael Crichton film with Richard Benjamin and Yul Brynner. I think Crichton would have found the TV series dull -- he was never one to let a story slow down. Even when he lectured us, or allowed a character to do that, it was fascinating.

It tried too hard for a literary feel, as opposed to the action story of the long-ago Michael Crichton film with Richard Benjamin and Yul Brynner. I think Crichton would have found the TV series dull -- he was never one to let a story slow down. Even when he lectured us, or allowed a character to do that, it was fascinating.
I agree with that, although I do not have a problem with something striving to be higher brow than average TV. They spent a ton of money on this show and had good actors. I guess it was the writing, and maybe the directing, that really feel down. It is a great and worthy premise. I do not mind being lectured to, so such. The whole concept is pretty high sci-fi so may require some of that. I had not so much thought of it as slowing down, as becoming impossible to follow!

I agree with that, although I do not have a problem with something striving to be higher brow than average TV. They spent a ton of money on this show and had good actors. I guess it was the writing, and maybe the directing, that really feel down. It is a great and worthy premise. I do not mind being lectured to, so such. The whole concept is pretty high sci-fi so may require some of that. I had not so much thought of it as slowing down, as becoming impossible to follow!
More an exploration of "What does it mean to be human?" than the original film, for sure. Of course that topic has been explored frequently on Star Trek and other SF properties both written and filmed.

Episodes 8 & 9 of Dead Like Me. Ellen Muth may be unconventional-looking in this, but she's cute for sure, and is a great comic actress. Though Mandy Patinkin as Rube is the real standout:

(Rube to Roxy the meter maid, after Roxy has accidentally made a thug believe she is a religious figure)

Rube: "He's creating a mythology to take back to his people. Joseph Smith had the same thing happen to him and now the Mormons have a monopoly on the hotel industry."

Roxy: "This is nothing."

Rube: "A hundred years from now, people will have little plastic meter maids with bobbing heads hanging from their rearview mirrors."

Last edited:
Finished: Shtisel season 3 and Sky Rojo season 1 on Netflix.
Started:The Serpent and Prank Encounters season 2 on Netflix.

Sherlock. I have never got around to watching it and I really like Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. One and a half episodes in and it is excellent so far.

Bron - The Bridge. Danish TV series from a few years ago. It's really excellent. Have to pay for it on Amazon. As I'm stuck home with Covid, it's helping pass the time.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Still watching Grand Designs New Zealand. This week a couple are converting a tea room on the top of a 7 story Hotel in Auckland into a New York style loft apartment. Very interesting and very costly.

Legion

Staff member
Lady and the Dale. They probably could have told the story in three episodes rather than four, but it is an interesting story.

Top Bottom