What's new

Lupo stainless?

I got my M5 washer and R94 handle installed. Going to shave in the morning. Combo feels pretty good....balances well. I have the bamboo Razorock handle, but the R94 feels just slightly lighter. I'm expecting good things.

.95 paired with the Windrose R3 Ti handle.
Perfect match!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got my M5 washer and R94 handle installed. Going to shave in the morning. Combo feels pretty good....balances well. I have the bamboo Razorock handle, but the R94 feels just slightly lighter. I'm expecting good things.
Combo weights 2.9 ounces
(82.5 grams).
The RR Super Knurl handle (alone) has the exact same weight.

The Rocca handle is 95 mm long and
has a diameter of 14.9 mm ,
being bigger than the 90 mm long and 13 mm thick Super Knurl handle.

Wrapped up shave 3 about 45 minutes ago and nothing out of the ordinary. Again, just a smooth 2 pass shave with a slight buff on the chin & corners of the stache. I maintain a mustache so, I don’t shave that area but, if I did, this razor would be nearly perfect for that spot. Extremely low profile head that gives the Lupo SS excellent maneuverability that inspires confidence unless of course, you’re all thumbs. Then only providence or The Almighty can provide you with a comforting solution. Or, just grow a beard.

So far the Lupo .95/Feather combination is as formidable a combination as any razor that I’ve shaved with to date that does NOT feel intimidating nor ferocious by any stretch of the imagination, just an excellent melding of efficiency & smoothness. If you look at the pic, you can see a bit of blade reveal/exposure with a decent gap between the guard & blade. Don’t pay any mind to that as that is just the angle at which the pic was taken. Looks like a Tiger but, purrs like a putty-tat. I’ll run this blade out until it gives up the ghost and unto the KAI.

Happy Shaves & Happy Easter/Passover to all.....

D07029BE-79AE-470C-B4EE-196B8FF6CC73.jpeg

Combo weights 2.9 ounces
(82.5 grams).
The RR Super Knurl handle (alone) has the exact same weight.

The Rocca handle is 95 mm long and
has a diameter of 14.9 mm ,
being bigger than the 90 mm long and 13 mm thick Super Knurl handle.

Shaved with the R94 handle on my 72 Lupo.....works wonderfully. The bamboo handle isn't bad, but you have to grip it just right due to all the humps. The R94 opens up more finger positions and I like the feel of this handle....nice and grippy. The weight is just about perfect with this combo and it seemed a little more maneuverable. Nice find...thanks for making me aware of this combo.

Had my first shave today with the Lupo DC with a fresh Nacet and the I find the .95 similar to the GC .84, but noticeable more efficient and just a little bit less smoother. I also did a few strokes with the .72 oc, but I wasn't impressed and I find the combs a bit harsh, but I will definitely try it a few more times. The other thing that i've noticed is that my touch up pass was much shorter than usual. I have the barber pole and the radio know handle, and I find them a bit longer and thicker to my preference, so i've used my favorite handle - the Maggards MR1. Overall, i'm very impressed with the Lupo and for me it's like an upgraded version of the GC .84, but I think I should have gotten the .95 version instead of the DC.

Had my first shave today with the Lupo DC with a fresh Nacet and the I find the .95 similar to the GC .84, but noticeable more efficient and just a little bit less smoother. I also did a few strokes with the .72 oc, but I wasn't impressed and I find the combs a bit harsh, but I will definitely try it a few more times. The other thing that i've noticed is that my touch up pass was much shorter than usual. I have the barber pole and the radio know handle, and I find them a bit longer and thicker to my preference, so i've used my favorite handle - the Maggards MR1. Overall, i'm very impressed with the Lupo and for me it's like an upgraded version of the GC .84, but I think I should have gotten the .95 version instead of the DC.
I had the same initial impression of the 72OC side, especially compared to my Blackbird OC, which is just a superb feeling razor. I've since very much gotten used to the 72OC side and have grown to really appreciate having the dual option all in one hand. I definitely use the 95 side more, but still find plenty of spots where the 72OC side is the better option for me.

Used my 72 with the R94 handle again this morning. I'm really liking the results so far. This combo feels well balanced and just a tad lighter than using it with the bamboo handle. Great maneuverability and a very close, comfortable shave. So far the Lupo 72 is providing shaves in the Henson Ti22, EJ 3one6, Yates, and Blackbird territory....my favorite razors. Very impressed with cost vs performance with the Lupo.

Used my 72 with the R94 handle again this morning. I'm really liking the results so far. This combo feels well balanced and just a tad lighter than using it with the bamboo handle. Great maneuverability and a very close, comfortable shave. So far the Lupo 72 is providing shaves in the Henson Ti22, EJ 3one6, Yates, and Blackbird territory....my favorite razors. Very impressed with cost vs performance with the Lupo.

Glad to know that was not
just my idea !
Indeed the Rocca handle takes
the manoeuvrability of the Lupo
to the limit .

I just had another shave with the Lupo and this time I used only the oc .72 and I was still able to get a nice shave, even though they are close in terms of efficiency, the .95 feels smoother and overall a bit better imho.

I just had another shave with the Lupo and this time I used only the oc .72 and I was still able to get a nice shave, even though they are close in terms of efficiency, the .95 feels smoother and overall a bit better imho.

YMMV! I'm really digging the Lupo DC. I like both sides and use them in different spots. It doesn't bother me that I have to rinse the blade a few more times if I'm just using one side. It's a 2 in 1 razor and a great value!

Shave 4 with the Feather & Lupo combo and it was a fine one indeed. Unfortunately, on the ATG pass, it started to get a bit tuggy so, I knew the Feather didn‘t have much left (Feathers are great in sharpness and their ability to cut even the densest of hairs. Longevity though is among the lowest of the low. Shame really for the premium price tag). Anyways, I finessed the rest of the shave and still managed a BBS finish though, I did get some feisty growling from the Alum Bar pass on a couple of spots and the splash was a bit more livelier. I put the final results on me, no blame on the razor or blade. I just rolled the dice there and took a slight loss on end result comfort. But, the irritation gremlins were gone in less than 30 mins.

Overall, the Feather & Lupo are a dream combination that gives superb results against some big hitters in the same class (Timeless SS .95, H&S PO76Ti, GC .84 sb/oc & Jaws, Carbon Cx-Ti). Shave 1 was very good, shaves 2 & 3 were darn near perfection. Problem here is that the shaves are limited with the Feather and that’s no fault of the razor at all. If I could get a weeks worth of shaves from them, I’d be happier than a pig in poop on a warm spring morning.

Well, it’s unto the KAI blade for the next shave. Looking forward to that pairing.

Happy shaves to all.....

313EE37C-0DC1-4CCD-85D5-19CE4FD416FD.jpeg

YMMV! I'm really digging the Lupo DC. I like both sides and use them in different spots. It doesn't bother me that I have to rinse the blade a few more times if I'm just using one side. It's a 2 in 1 razor and a great value!

Which is why I bought the DC version. That way I can test basically 2 razor heads and at least one is going to be in my liking. I think the GC and the Lupo might become my main razors and I have to get rid of some of the others that I won't use very often or at all.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Which is why I bought the DC version. That way I can test basically 2 razor heads and at least one is going to be in my liking. I think the GC and the Lupo might become my main razors and I have to get rid of some of the others that I won't use very often or at all.

Been thinking the same...going to be moving some hardware in the future.

The Lupo DC will easily make my rotation, but I also think it will make a great travel razor.

Shave 1 was very good, shaves 2 & 3 were darn near perfection. Problem here is that the shaves are limited with the Feather and that’s no fault of the razor at all. If I could get a weeks worth of shaves from them, I’d be happier than a pig in poop on a warm spring morning.

Well, it’s unto the KAI blade for the next shave. Looking forward to that pairing.

I bin all blades after 3 uses, I tried to "force" kais to 5 shaves, once I pulled through 5 shaves, but last time it was skipping at the end of the 4th use, so I will just bin kais after 3 too. I suppose even at 50 cents a blade it doesn't make sense to "suffer".

Top Bottom