What's new

Henson Razor Club.

The AL13 is a great choice to add, despite your commitment not to add further to your collection. If it was around when I first started, I would have saved a lot of money on others that gather dust.

I use their titanium Ti22 instead now, but it is more just a personal preference for the added weight. The aluminum AL13 is a spectacular razor and worth every penny, even at its current (higher) cost.

I went down the razor rabbit hole last year. Now, I’m down to three razors. I bought a Henson and quite liked it. In fact, it lasted until the last five. My son, who is transitioning to traditional DEs, uses it now and appreciates how much easier it is to use coming from carts.

I want to buy henson ti22, medium or aggressive?
Can anyone give me some advice?
I am now using rr gc84, to improve efficiency and have purchased lupo95 on the way.

The henson is the real deal if you like razors that aren't agressive. It really is unique and extremely well made. The tungsten bushing and such small exposure lead to the most rigid blade I've ever tried in a DE.

I share the view that it is a touch too inneficient for me though. I'm been widdling down my collection from 10 razors to 2 or 3 and it's currently in the remaining 4. I might keep it but it might be the next to be sold off.

I'm also not too stoked on the price increase. For 50 it was an easy recommendation, 70 not so much. Still, If you're into razors that are milder like something along the lines of a de89 it's a must try imo.

Last edited:
Henson is a unique razor, much more so in Ti (A-version) than in aluminum. While I own and very much enjoy Lupo 95 and maybe even prefer it, there is nothing out there like the Henson. I would recommend the aggressive version though, it hold the blade so tight that you won't notice much of the aggression.

I have the AL13 and I can tell you, it's a great razor...seriously great. For me, it's like wheeling a CART around. Waiting for the SS version that I hope they'll make at some point.

Henson is a unique razor, much more so in Ti (A-version) than in aluminum. While I own and very much enjoy Lupo 95 and maybe even prefer it, there is nothing out there like the Henson. I would recommend the aggressive version though, it hold the blade so tight that you won't notice much of the aggression.

Would you mind expanding on why you may prefer the Lupo 95 over the Henson Ti? I've had my eye on the Henson for a bit but with the vast price differential between these razors I'd love to see opinions on what separates these razors. I understand they each offer very distinct shaving experiences.

Sure - for me Lupo 95 glides better while the Henson has some noticable drag but I'm pretty sure it's by design. Henson offers a fixed angle by having a different top cap than most other razors.

To me, they're on par efficiency wise, although I sometimes loosen the handle on the Henson to increase it's efficiency, surpasing the Lupo. You could do so that with any razor but I fee that, due to it's unique geometry and tight clamp of the blade, Henson is more suitable for something like that.

I've tried numerous razors and I'm really impressed by the Lupo 95, irregardless of it's price. It's smoooth, efficient and looks great, but it's not unique. If you want a great, yet familar feeling razor, I can only recommed the Lupo.

Henson on the other hand offers somewhat different shaving experience (while also being made of premium metal) while providing similar results. The destination is the same, while Lupo takes the well established path, Henson takes a different road.

I own both the Henson AL13 and TI (aggressive) they are no joke. Their extreme tolerances and tight clamping have virtually eliminated blade chatter.
I would also recommend the Stirling Hyper aggressive. The first time I shaved with it I got a 10/10 shave in one pass with minor touch-ups. No weepers, irritation, or alum feedback

I am done buying razors. I have bought almost everything out there... straights, single edge, double edge, vintage, and new. Enjoyed the adventure but now I am getting rid of most gear and keeping about 8 to 10 razors I like. Enough is enough!

What's this... an add for Henson. Well I'm not familiar with Henson... just another gimmick razor. Then again I said that about the defender and it is one of the razors I am keeping (don't judge me!). OK, I'm gonna order the Henson but that is it... no more!!!
proxy.php

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hmmm... this Henson thing has merit. The aluminum sounds a bit on the light side but is priced right. I like the thought of the titanium, but that’s a hefty price.

Hmmm... this Henson thing has merit. The aluminum sounds a bit on the light side but is priced right. I like the thought of the titanium, but that’s a hefty price.

Yep, the AL13 is on the light side but it shaves very well if you don't mind the lack of heft. The Ti22 is awesome....about double the weight and a fantastic performer. The price is up there but not as high as some of the other Ti offerings that are available. Quality/tolerances are off the charts and customer service is very good as well. Plus it's a unique design and shave experience is different compared to other razors....I find it fun to use.

Top Bottom