What's new

TN passes constitutional carry of handguns

...and as an extra bonus, my home county (Polk Co. Tennessee) is a designated Firearms Sanctuary. @FarmerTan-don‘t dawdle. Real estate prices are quickly increasing here in this neck of the woods.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
...and as an extra bonus, my home county (Polk Co. Tennessee) is a designated Firearms Sanctuary. @FarmerTan-don‘t dawdle. Real estate prices are quickly increasing here in this neck of the woods.
My wife graduated Kollege in TN, I have family there.....it's definitely on the short list. I'm thinking of a Cape Cod, a small one. Maybe even just 24'x24' with two lofts.

May do that here on my acreage, like a prefab. LOL, I haven't even run this by the War Department yet, but I'd love something like this.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My wife graduated Kollege in TN, I have family there.....it's definitely on the short list. I'm thinking of a Cape Cod, a small one. Maybe even just 24'x24' with two lofts.

May do that here on my acreage, like a prefab. LOL, I haven't even run this by the War Department yet, but I'd love something like this.

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission? :)

FarmerTan

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission? :)
How much time y'all got?

Oh, who cares. If it's too long don't read it.

I was cutting a guys hair one time, and he was looking in the mirror out the window behind his head and said I needed a pond out there! I of course agreed.

I told my wife when she got home I was having a pond dug! She said guess again. I said he'll have it half dug in one day. She said he can then fill it back up on day two!

End of dream? Nah....

Next time he comes out for a haircut, he says if there's sand where the pond was he'd dig it for free! Of course, he'd keep the sand. I thought that was a fine idea.

The War Department still said no. Even after I said I could catch her bass and catfish and bluegills.....

She's a woman that knows her mind!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
How much time y'all got?

Oh, who cares. If it's too long don't read it.

I was cutting a guys hair one time, and he was looking in the mirror out the window behind his head and said I needed a pond out there! I of course agreed.

I told my wife when she got home I was having a pond dug! She said guess again. I said he'll have it half dug in one day. She said he can then fill it back up on day two!

End of dream? Nah....

Next time he comes out for a haircut, he says if there's sand where the pond was he'd dig it for free! Of course, he'd keep the sand. I thought that was a fine idea.

The War Department still said no. Even after I said I could catch her bass and catfish and bluegills.....

She's a woman that knows her mind!

My wife is generally the boss of the house and what goes on in it, but your wife does sound really tough. My kids like to clown on me with stuff like that. One year for Father's Day, they got me a Father's Day card, with a Lapel pin stuck on the front of the card that I could tear off and wear. The pin said, "I Am The Boss!"

When I opened the card, the inside said, "Make sure you give it back to Mom tomorrow." They bought me a plaque one year and hung it in the front foyer of the house. It said, "I am the boss of this house and I have my wife's permission to say so."

A bunch of smarty pants imo. Everyone of them. :)

FarmerTan

My wife is generally the boss of the house and what goes on in it, but your wife does sound really tough. My kids like to clown on me with stuff like that. One year for Father's Day, they got me a Father's Day card, with a Lapel pin stuck on the front of the card that I could tear off and wear. The pin said, "I Am The Boss!"

When I opened the card, the inside said, "Make sure you give it back to Mom tomorrow." They bought me a plaque one year and hung it in the front foyer of the house. It said, "I am the boss of this house and I have my wife's permission to say so."

A bunch of smarty pants imo. Everyone of them. :)
My mom has a sign like that! It's left to me in her will. Dad knew that she knew ALL his secrets....and so does my wife.

I still tease her and ask if I can be Boss on Saturdays. Not often do I get the green light. She knows me too well.

FarmerTan

As I’ve said before, I am a grown man and can do what I want when I want.
As long as my wife says it’s ok.
We all joke around, but my wife still let's me act like a man once in awhile, still laughs at my jokes, and I still ain't paying alimony.

To quote Mr Sheen, "Winning!"

FarmerTan

My missus put a sign on our front doors which says...
''A lovely lady and a grumpy old man live here''.

I hear people laughing as they walk past.
When my folks decided to move into the apartment, my Dad aka: Archie Bunker (not a racist, but quite a blowhard when he wanted to be) was an instant hit with EVERYONE who lived there! Their place became the "Dew Drop Inn"; drove my Mom crazy! He'd hold court for HOURS!

Within a month, one of the ladies that got tired of my Dad refusing to lose an argument, bought them that exact sign. In real life, he was less irritable than Mom! She is just a Southern Belle type. She's great at hiding her feelings. Dad was NOT into being politically korrect!

Last edited:
We spend a lot of time in the Knoxville, TN area. The hiking around there is beautiful. My wife has family there. I can absolutely see myself living there once our kids are fully launched and off the payroll.

On a side note....with the exception of a corner of the basement where I have my drum kit and amps set up, my wife has full veto power on anything related to décor or design. Inside or outside the house. Otherwise, our house would be full of neon beer signs and Led Zeppelin posters.

FarmerTan

Did anyone notice that the Governor of Iowa signed a VERY interesting Bill into law on Friday....

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My missus put a sign on our front doors which says...
''A lovely lady and a grumpy old man live here''.

I hear people laughing as they walk past.
As I’ve gotten older, I have made an conscious effort to become less grumpy- I don’t want to be that grumpy old man. I am usually successful. :)

FarmerTan

As I’ve gotten older, I have made an conscious effort to become less grumpy- I don’t want to be that grumpy old man. I am usually successful. :)
I'm getting more grumpier.....and loving it.

I used to envision being introduced to my Maker because I hit a deer at 90mph on the way home from work.

Now I'm pretty sure it will be because I have a massive coronary infarction from going off on a Moron over a parking place.

And I spent my ENTIRE werking life being nice to Morons.

So...... retirement has it's perqs.

Top Bottom