SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 29th - April 4th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Gillette - 1965 Flair Tip Super Speed
Blade: Lord - New Platinum (3)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Black/White handle & Oumo Knot
Pre-Shave: Schaf - Purifying Scrub
Lather: Mike’s Natural Soaps - Hungarian Lavender
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop (splash)

1F35C1CD-0159-479E-8CAD-B591B0DA02BD.jpeg

Just a good old regular shave

Nothing fancy schmancy about today’s shave. Sometimes all I want is a good old, basic, double edge shave.
An inexpensive razor that’s proved itself for over fifty years backed up by some plain looking soap and aftershave with no edgy graphics.
Get my BBS and begone without anyone even noticing I was there.

2218B8D3-77AD-4312-AC88-C0A2FA87612B.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, APRIL 1, 2021

Welcome to April Fool’s Day, but more importantly my daughter’s birthday! I never expected my “Wild Child” to blossom into the magnificent young woman and mother she’s turned out to be! My shave this morning is dedicated to her and her two children, Mike and Kevin, ages 7 and 9, both of whom like to shave with G-Pop in the morning. I lather the two of them up with whatever I’m using and provide each with a blade-less safety razor when they stay over. We’ll be seeing them later for their Mom’s birthday.

Instead of my usual MWF, I decided on a lime shave this morning. Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream is not for everyone, but I really like it. I fitted my Alpha Shaving T-400 with the 26mm Tuxedo Synth Ferrule and proceeded to generate gobs of rich, slick lather. The Riga Razor with its newly refined edge sailed through the clouds of lime goodness in three easy mug passes. The two pass ATG dome shave featured my LaResche 77, and completed an epic shave kickoff for the first day of the month. I feel refreshed, clean and porcelain smooth.

RAZOR: Riga Razor 15/16 (Mug), LaResche 77 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with 26mm Tuxedo Synth Ferrule
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne

Thursday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Gillette Toggle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D9)
Brush: Varlet Beehive 24mm
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Cream: Antica Barbieria Colla
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Floid Blue

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, April1st 2021

Razor: Razorock Mission- MFG 2014>, great razor, I can get close shaves with this razor. Inexpensive to own one.
Blade: Polsilver SI- excellent blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch - nice mild scent, great lather qualities, nice post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + excellent scrub + great lather painter.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 weeper= :a17:excellent shave with my RR Mission + Polsilver SI blade.(rushed today)
DE SOTD, Thur April1st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Thursday's Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Karve Brass 3-1/2" Handle, SB-C​
Blade: KAI (1)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso White, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Elite Razor Waterfall Bubinga w/ 26mm High Mountain White Fan​
Soap: Proraso White Shaving Soap, Green Tea & Oat​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/h Aloe Vera​
Aftershave Balm: Proraso White, Green Tea & Oat​
DFS! No nicks! No irritation! An extremely pleasant and comfortable shave today...

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom