What's new

Lupo stainless?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Look forward to you posting your assessment of the DC.

Weekends are hard for me to post my shaves. The days start early and end late. But, this morning, I did shave with the Lupo SS Dual Comb, exclusively the .72 OC side for everything.

It is more aggressive than the .72 SB version, more blade feel for sure, but the end result for me is about the same...face and neck very smooth.

Admittedly, I bought this razor for the .72 OC side, but surprisingly, I find myself gravitating more and more to shave with the .95 SB side.

I thought the .95 side would only be used WTG downwards on my face and neck, but I found it so agreeable that I can definitely use it for everything.

So....72 OC is good, but if I were to give anyone advice, I would say that you'd be better off choosing the .72 SB and/or the .95 SB.

So...that's my two cents. Not saying I won't use the dual comb version...I have and I will continue to use it. But in hindsight, I would have been better off buying the .95 SB. Thankfully, I have at least one side of the dual comb that has it.

I've had 3 shaves now with my new .72 Lupo. First shave was very nice....comfortable and close (24hr growth). The second shave I accidentally cut a scar on my neck as I go a bit too sloppy....it happens sometimes, but I haven't done that in a while (24hr growth). Today's shave was back to comfortable and close (48hr growth), though I had to go around my scar that hasn't quite healed yet. The Lupo is definitely a smooth operator.

I am going to shave all week with this sucker to see how it compares to my Henson Ti22, 3one6, Yates, and Blackbird. I believe it's going to hold it's own....but we'll see.

Although Feathers are not a
part of my usual blade rotation
( Nacets,Bic CPs ,Wilkinson Swords,
SharpEdges,Rubies) ,I decided to throw one in the Lupo 95 .
Check at which degree the Lupo 95
can tame the ultra sharp japanese
edge .

Ok ,yes ,I won’t repeat the what’s told
and written about the sharpness of a new Feather.
Shave was truly fantastic ,leaving
a glass-like shining skin .
Still, me thinks that are overpriced blades with extremely short life span.

But , admittedly ,todays shave was
smooth and ethereal ,although somewhat on the dark side .
I could feel the wolf’s fangs ,
ready to draw blood ...
Not scary ,but was not the
nice Lupy I’m used to .

I prefer more relaxed shaves .
For me ,shaving it’s time to relax
and “self re-assembly “ .
I can not relate to shaving being
an exercise of supreme dexterity,mental concentration and practicing uber techniques and moves like “Gillette-triple-360 fingerflip-and-
bar-slide-to-reverse-cap-spin’n’drift”.

P.S. :
If they were cheaper ,Feathers might
have been a part of my usual blade rotation with the Lupo 95.
There.I admit it . Might have been .
They had to be really cheap.
‘Cause they last for just couple of
shaves.

Last edited:

JCarr

I liked Israeli Personnas in 72. However, they were not stellar in 95. Good shave but not as great as with Gillette 7 O'Clock SP.

Thank you! You are on to something with the Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum. Had a stellar shave this morning with the Lupo SS SB .72 with a Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum in it. Felt even better than the Gillette Silver Blue. One thing this experiment made me realize. It's definitely the razor that is making the shaves so good. The blade makes improvements, but the razor itself is just a cut above...no pun intended.

Paired the Lupo head with the Timeless Pineapple handle. A real fine shave even though I thought the handle would be a bit too long and throw off the balance a bit. Still, the Lupo managed it extremely well and it really wasn’t that awkward at all. Moved up just a tad bit more on the handle and smooth sailing. The Chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade is not the sharpest but, it delivers above average cutting ability and smoothness.

I’m going to go with a Feather & Kai for a few shaves each and see what the Lupo can deliver. I don’t think it will disappoint in the least....

201DB4D2-40EC-476A-B519-7D03EFCFDC91.jpeg

JCarr

Limited options in mine thus far, but the King C Gillette has been the best, with Astra's very close too. I gotta' order a sampler soon... And after some thought, I'm thinking "LuPack" works. :c2:

Those King C Gillette blades are expensive. Hope they're worth it.

Last edited:
Razorock should really consider
offering a 316L featherlight ,hollow handle.
Lupo series razors do benefit ( A LOT !)
from matching with lightweight handles.

Top Bottom