What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

Just got some espresso maintenance stuff plus this from Whole Latte Love

PXL_20210310_232715252.jpg

Today was a big day of acquisitions. Recieved an aeropress, prismo attachment, and two metal filters. Also two hand grinders. One was pretty cheap and the other is much more solid (I'll have to snap some pics later). Also got minipresso style hand espresso maker. Excited to try it all out and learn how to use it all.

Upgraded the burr on my Baratza Encore (6yrs old) to the Virtuoso M2 burr ($35) and replaced the ring burr ($16) as well.
Thank God for YouTube videos, took about 15 minutes.
(old burr is sitting on top)
D62879C3-BD67-4523-BEF3-BA116ADFA001.jpeg

Also picked up a new single dose hopper ($25). Going to take awhile to get used to the look, but so far I like it. Maybe it’s me, but I think the grinder is quieter with the new hopper.
81DB2189-3875-4819-BEC3-E556A5A1388E.jpeg
Ordered everything straight from Baratza. It’s hard to say this now a days, but they have outstanding customer service! They even thru in a 3 pack of grinder cleaning tablets.
So far I’ve done 2 grindings with the new burr and there is a considerable difference. Hope I can get another 6 yrs.

Got my first moka pot in the mail today. Can't wait to try it out! This is a small 100ml pot. Figured it would be plenty for me. Time will tell haha.
View attachment 1350762

Stainless. Very good

Use a convection burner. Cold to coffee in 3 minutes. You do have to keep an eye once it starts to boil and turn the burner down to brew the coffee .

I have a 1 burner portable convection That I use with my stainless moka pots.

Stainless. Very good

Use a convection burner. Cold to coffee in 3 minutes. You do have to keep an eye once it starts to boil and turn the burner down to brew the coffee .

I have a 1 burner portable convection That I use with my stainless moka pots.
Nice. I only have a coil eye electric stove. Seemed to work pretty good when I tried. Filled it with hot water to just below the saftey valve, filled the coffee basket, then I turned the burner on high. Once it started filling I sorta lifted it from the burner to regulate the temp. Worked pretty well. Going to have to tinker with it more. I have two other sizes on the way already 🤣. Probably a good thing too. This one is 100ml and a smidge small. It was ok for just me but will be nice to have one that will make enough for my wife and I.

Got these the other day in the mail. Couple of cheap phin filters and a big moka pot. This was a lesson of doing my research I guess. Metric to standard conversions and everyone seems to have a different volume as to what a cup of coffee is. Makes for a fun experience. These two phins are a tad small (50ml and 100ml) and the moka pot is on the large size(450ml or 9 cups).

20211029_134407.jpg
20211029_135522.jpg

Top Bottom