What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Friday 20210326

The Hardware:
View attachment 1242487
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (Joris Palladium and Yew Wood Handle)
Blade: Bolzano (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

The Software:
View attachment 1242488
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Moisturiser: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Outstanding Friday shave! :cool:
Very nice brush

Today's shave 2 days of growth

Rockwell 6C (R5)
Polsilver SI (3)
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Eufros Gea
Eufros Gea aftershave balm
9.5/10 👌
20210327_153305.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Mar27th 2021

Razor: Gillette SS (Rocket version)X1-MFG 1952 1st qtr, mild razor, nice razor with a Kai SS blade. Carefree shave this morning.
Blade: Kai SS (1) Excellent blade,Sharp & smooth with great longevity. Wider than a standard Gillette for greater blade exposure.
Soap: Ogallala bayrum & sandal wood, nice mild scent with great lather qualities, excellent post shave feel.
Brush: Omega boar brush- One of my first brushes when experimenting with wet shaving(4yrs ago), funk smell at first and totally tortured that brush to get rid of the animal smell, did everything wrong to break in a boar brush properly. All I can say is it is well made and a good brush when broken in. Bought a new one recently and will try the proper method when breaking a boar in when it arrives!:001_smile Boar brushes should always be pre-soaked 2 min> for those who are new to wet shaving.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + sandal wood + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette 1952 SS + a Kai SS blade.

DE SOTD, Sat,Mar 27th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Schick E2 Injector (Imperial Set)
Blade: Personna PTFE Injector (3)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Citrine/Black Handle 26mm Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Noble Otter - Barrbarr
Aftershave: Strike Gold - The Gipper
D32E831E-5EBF-4014-BEA0-4C063AD7BEEA.jpeg

Shave Rating: 11/10
Schick E2 Extreme Subspecies...genetically enhanced razors...
Yes, its possible to modify your Schick or Pal injector razors to a new level, to the point of being able to classify them as a new hybrid species.
The regular Schick blades are wonderful and will lend themselves to a nice BBS, but the Personna PTFE blades bring the meaning of BBS to whole new level. Shallow angle and zero pressure takes you down to a pre-puberty face with no post shave abrasive feeling.
Not all BBS are equal. The PTFE BBS is spookily unreal. Hours later you can’t help but keep touching your face. This is as close to shaving nirvana as you can get.
If you normally start feeling fresh growth by the afternoon, these blades will give you a shave that will stay shaved. I’ll wake the next morning and still be super smooth and clean.

Although I haven’t had a lot of usage with my Noble Otter soap, I enjoyed the staying power of its lather and slickness.

I must own at least sixty Aftershaves, and this Strike Gold “the Gipper” may be my very favourite scent of them all.

“salutant te qui ad radi”

Last edited:
Good morning! Today’s things:

Pre shave: Eucerin Original healing (before shower). I’ve found this to work well if I’m going to use a soap that’s a little drying.
Razor: Post War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Nacet (2)
Soap: Pre de Provence No. 63
Brush: PAA Starcraft synthetic
AS: Ghost Town Barber

Very nice shave today. Not sure that the Nacet is my favorite in this razor, although it is in others, but it got the job done. I plan to try a GSB or a Platinum next time I use the Tech. The PAA brush worked great with the soap, lots of dense creamy lather. 2 passes plus touch up, no nicks, cuts, or irritation. Practically BBS.

9.5 /10

6F0F9CA7-A8E3-49FE-A947-F06BAA2CDC00.jpeg

Razor: WR2 WRH2 hollow 1.25 gap
Blade: Feather
Brush: Shavemac D01 Silvertip & Mammoth Tooth
Soap: Ethos
It was my first shave with a Wolfman...Very Smooth and efficient yet different...Balance is perfect with a 100mm hollow handle...I am looking forward to getting to know her much better! 9/10
20210326_163843.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG
Soap/Cream: St James of London Sandalwood and Bergmot
Bowl:
Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.95/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Mindless carefree shave. Cream was not as cushioning as the soaps I have been using.

Razor: WR2 WRH2 hollow 1.25 gap
Blade: Feather
Brush: Shavemac D01 Silvertip & Mammoth Tooth
Soap: Ethos
It was my first shave with a Wolfman...Very Smooth and efficient yet different...Balance is perfect with a 100mm hollow handle...I am looking forward to getting to know her much better! 9/10View attachment 1242580
That brush is simply magnificent!!! If it works as well as it looks, you must be a happy camper.

Thiers-Issard
MDC Original
Yaqi 24mm Violet Synth
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Caswell-Massey Lavender Water
20210327_122912.jpg
late shave......multiple grandkids spent the night last night. first use of the Lavender Water. Matches well with the MDC. I added a couple drops of glycerin to the water upon its arrival.

be well all.

camo

Sunny with a high of 64F in Reno, NV today; a warming weekend with the forecast for Sunday 68F. Tomorrow we're having our first get together here in Reno in over a year, since it will be warm enough to have folks over mostly outside. We'll be busy cooking today.

Saturday- I went for a prolonged, relaxed, luxury shave, wonderful three-pass, plus clean up- 9+++/10- very close to epic; one little fleabite on clean-up, otherwise as good as I can shave:

Pre-shave: shower and face wash
Razors: Occam's Razor- two-dot guide and a Feather SS Japanese style for clean-up. I wanted to see what if anything the Ocaam's was leaving; it wasn't much at all. I'm fairly impressed with the Occam's and have an Oren version incoming to try.
Blade: Feather Pro (2)- moved the blade between the razors.
Brush: Omega Pro 49-just about broken in, tips are splitting and the boar smell is gone. I've noticed some folks harvest the knots from these brushes for use in nicer handles. It's a good idea, the knot is fine, the handle quite mediocre. I need to find a good handle for doing that.
Soap: DG Yuzu, Rose and Patchouli- what a contrast to the Proraso White I used yesterday. DG has better slickness, better cushion, and better face feel. I know it's three times as expensive, especially not being a hard soap, but I enjoy these soft artisan offerings as a change of pace. This soap base is just fun to lather and affords a great experience.
Post-shave: cool rinse, alum, rinse, than DG Yuzu, Rose and Patchouli AS, the face feel after using the soap and the matching AS is really sweet. I added the menthol drops that came with to the splash, as I enjoy the menthol with this. Maybe I like the scent on this one because it's so very different than most of my aftershaves and colognes, which have little or no flowery notes. The opening citrus is nice, the flowery middle and dry down might not be for everyone.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Remember, every day on this side of the ground is a blessing.
PXL_20210327_161223770.jpg

20210326_082718.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1956 B2 Flare Tip Super Speed
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.5

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Saturday morning shave

Razor: John Primble
Brush: Boar
Soap: MWF

Glorious! Unwrapped a new puck of MWF, dribbled a few drops of water on it, soaked my favourite boar bristle brush and went to town. Boom! Effortless creamy slick later. The good stuff, the stuff of legend. Not the same experience I had with my first puck that got binned after a week. I’m convinced it’s a quality control thing, but I’ve posted plenty on that. Glad I gave it a second chance, very nice.
Happy Saturday!
D4132321-5AF8-4991-A42F-9A7742947A2C.jpeg

9/10

Sat shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
GD Asinus
Brush
B&B LE 2012
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
GSB
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Woke up a little later than usual and had to rush the shave. I still got a wonderful BBS shave.

The combo of this razor and blade makes for a close and comfortable shave. I wish RR would have kept this razor in production. The brush is one of my favorites. The Shavemac knot is a pleasure and I love the keyhole design by Rudy Vey.

Razor Rockwell 6S R4/R2
Blade Polsilver SI
Brush PAA Peregrino
Soap Captain's Choice Lime
ASB Captain's Choice Lime
AS Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec

3 pass shave + touchups 10/10

My usual weapon, the Timeless was still packed in my suitcase so I went to my original DE razor, the Rockwell 6S. I had a very enjoyable shave but for the first time I felt that the handle on the Rockwell was too short. I guess I am used to the longer handles on all of my other razors. Still it was good to remind myself of what an excellent razor the Rockwell is. I just received the Lime Sec yesterday and I wanted to give it a run. I really like it. I don't think it gives as much feedback as the classic Pinaud Clubman

Lime.jpg

Kamisori shave #6
BBS+

10/10

Vitos, Oh Vitos!
This is a soap that takes as much water as I actually like in the lather and quality is top notch; creamy, slick, shiny and protective.
Bonus: no face drying afterwards

In the restock window, I'll be shameless and order a kilo of Virod Extra Super Coco along with as many pucks of Tabac as I can.

This will keep my "need" for quality lather sated for a long time, that too without breaking the bank.

IMG_20210327_224523.jpg

Lupo .72,Nacet(2)PAA cavendish,Simpsons tulip 1,Thayers cucumber,prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,prorasso green. 9.5/10 Third shave with the Lupo.72 and i'm really impressed.Smooth comfortable BBS shave.Next shave i've got Nacets with the same razor both on 2's so going to do a side by side shave with the gamechanger .84.It may not be a fair fight because i'm used to the gamechanger more but i'll give my opinion.Two fantastic razors that's for sure. Take care everyone.

Top Bottom