What's new

Your Regrettable Purchases?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have regretted paying AoS prices for good but not great products. I have regretted buying several creams because I generally prefer soaps. I do not know that it rises to the level of regret, but some aftershaves and colognes failed to bring appropriate levels of joy commensurate with their cost.

Both of my Barrister & Mann soaps. Not because they're bad soaps (quite the contrary), but because they're how I figured out I don't like overly complex scents in soaps. Give me a simple rose or simple almond any day.

New Forest 2211. New Forest was a brush brand started by a shaving brush blogger, and before it launched its supporters hyped it up as being identical to a Simpson's at a fraction of the price. Spoiler alert, it wasn't. It had a good knot for the price, but the handle was shoddy, cheap-looking, and cheap-feeling.

Williams. Had to stab it with a knife in my desperation to dig it out of a mug I'd naively jammed it into.

Only one:

The Semogue Owners Club Boar.

What a time and lather sucking waste of ** time it was. I really hate that ** thing, but I'm not bitter about it, not at all.

Just goes to show how much YMMV...it's one of my favorite brushes of all time! :laugh: Of course, mine came from the BST already broken in, so if I hadn't liked it I wouldn't have had to spend any time on it...I can see where struggling through a breakin period and then not liking a brush would be a letdown.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

12 pack of VDH soap (newbie)
"backup" razors, especially one in titanium
Muhle Fibre V1 turnback brush
VDH Boar
"Black Badger" brush
MERKUR - Solingen handle and Pivoting Cartridge Adapters

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I love GFT Eucris. The fragrance is wonderful.
I agree about the fragrance it but in my experience the lather lacks. I am an experienced wet shaver and can get up a lather but this is more foamy than rich and thick.

I agree about the fragrance it but in my experience the lather lacks. I am an experienced wet shaver and can get up a lather but this is more foamy than rich and thick.
I agree it takes effort to make a lather with GFT soaps. I bloom the soaps while I shower. Works for me.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Feather AC folding razor. Works well, just don’t dig the feel. I never use it anymore. Also my brother will be the recipient of my Merkur 38C, less a regret (my first DE) just superfluous as I’d prefer to keep the 34C if I’m still hanging on to DE razors. Come to think of it, I regret that tube of Cremo.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I don't like non-lather shaving creams and purchased a big tub of Clubman.... and also the Jp Fraser stuff. They were both on sale. Just not for me.

A single carbon Flying Eagle blade.

I was confused by some poor English on a website and I imagined I was buying a tuck. The vendor must have taken pity on such a fool and sent me two blades, but the first shaved so poorly that I don't see the second ever getting used.

Top Bottom