What's new

Refinished My Birthday Slim in Orange/Black

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I ran across the instagram page for North Shore Razors, who specializes in colorful "gunkote" style refinishes of vintage razors. I have an M-4 Slim that I use approx once per year for my Birthday. I figured I would make it a little more special. My favorite color is Orange. And Black isnt too far behind. So I had the razor done. The process includes being able to specify the color choice for every individual part on the razor. They fully dissassemble and adjust the razor. It was an easy procedure, and the price was okay. I think it came out fine. Looks good. The coating on the doors is just the slightest bit uneven, but it is totally acceptable quality. Check it out.

Birthday Slim Orange 01.jpg

Birthday Slim Orange 02.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
How does it shave?
Just got it back, so I have not used it yet since the refinish. But it shaved excellently before. Used it wide open on 9 on my last birthday, and it shaved great. No reason the suspect it would be any different now.

Nicely done as 67-dec dutchie I can appreciate I still have a m4 in a drawer waiting for a check up and a job like that though I liked that Cuban style brown and brass a lot

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Looks very nice and well done professionally. Gun kote lasts well from my limited research.

I was going to be clever and say, "Happy Halloween!, but I see someone already mentioned that holiday.

I too love orange and black, though I'm not sure about its desirability on a safety razor, but I too believe the Gillette Slim is one of the greater razors!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Nicely done as 67-dec dutchie I can appreciate I still have a m4 in a drawer waiting for a check up and a job like that though I liked that Cuban style brown and brass a lot

Capricorn or Sagittarius? 😎. I have four M-4 razors, and do a birthday week of shaves with the lot of them. Slim, Super Speed, Slim Twist/Knack, and Tech. Looking for an M-4 Lady Starburst to round out the birthday week collection. And maybe an M-4 Techmatic as well.

Looks very nice and well done professionally. Gun kote lasts well from my limited research.

I have a couple of razors from Delta Echo that were gunkoted quite a few years ago, and they look as good now as the day I got them. The gunkote holds up very well. I had zero hesitation to get this done.

Capricorn or Sagittarius? 😎. I have four M-4 razors, and do a birthday week of shaves with the lot of them. Slim, Super Speed, Slim Twist/Knack, and Tech. Looking for an M-4 Lady Starburst to round out the birthday week collection. And maybe an M-4 Techmatic as well.
Dec 16 my birthday slim is unfortunately a bit of kilter so it needs to be checked before restored

I have a couple of razors from Delta Echo that were gunkoted quite a few years ago, and they look as good now as the day I got them. The gunkote holds up very well. I had zero hesitation to get this done.

I ran across the instagram page for North Shore Razors, who specializes in colorful "gunkote" style refinishes of vintage razors. I have an M-4 Slim that I use approx once per year for my Birthday. I figured I would make it a little more special. My favorite color is Orange. And Black isnt too far behind. So I had the razor done. The process includes being able to specify the color choice for every individual part on the razor. They fully dissassemble and adjust the razor. It was an easy procedure, and the price was okay. I think it came out fine. Looks good. The coating on the doors is just the slightest bit uneven, but it is totally acceptable quality. Check it out.

View attachment 1241633

View attachment 1241632
It's hard to tell looking at the doors, I do know it is a spray-on type application.

Top Bottom