What's new

what's happening with traditional boxer shorts underwear?

Brooks Brothers boxers are simply the best. They are quality boxers and will last a long time. They have good style factor (change colors and patterns regularly).

I agree with this. I absolutely love BB's blue broadcloth end-on-end boxers. However, the last few times I have checked their website, they are not even shown as an option. I am hoping this is a momentary supply issue, rather than discontinuing them altogether. Truly great boxers that wear well and are durable. But, if they are gone, there sure are a bunch of options listed in this thread.

I agree with this. I absolutely love BB's blue broadcloth end-on-end boxers. However, the last few times I have checked their website, they are not even shown as an option. I am hoping this is a momentary supply issue, rather than discontinuing them altogether. Truly great boxers that wear well and are durable. But, if they are gone, there sure are a bunch of options listed in this thread.
Brooks Brothers filed for bankruptcy a couple of months back and their inventory of boxers has been depleted with no restocking. I bought ten pairs to get me through until I find a suitable replacement or they come out on the other side of bankruptcy proceedings. I am hoping for the best, planning for the worst.

I just had a 5-pack of Badger Smith boxer shorts delivered today from Amazon. 100% cotton, covered waistband, comfortable, seem like good quality. Obviously too early to tell about durability.

Uniqlo's woven boxers are surprisingly good and cheap. But the elastic waistband isn't covered on both sides....outside only.

Oscalito to Alpina are the most upmarket using high quality long staple cotton like Filodiscozia.
I have finally taken the plunge on Italian luxury Filo Scozia boxers - nine pairs.

20210322_193029.jpg

20210322_193355.jpg

20210322_193723.jpg

20210322_201057.jpg

Those look damn nice. A far cry from the normal cotton weave. Are they cotton? Where do you get them?
They are 100% cotton Filo di Scozia/Filo Scozia. They are all Italian brands although the Perofil products are made in Croatia. Filo Scozia is double mercerised extra long staple cotton usually from Egypt. I ordered them online and had them shipped from Italy to the UK

I’ve been using Zimmerli all along. They are super pricey but they fit me well and last forever despite a hot wash which is not recommended per label. Only boxers though, which have a roomy fit. Haven’t tried their other styles but from communication with them, those styles are more of a slim fit.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
To replace my Tiger Mountains I got a few from O'Connell's and a few from the Andover Shop. Both are beautifully made and suitably baggy. The offered colors and patterns are limited but nice. They will last a very long time. Both are made in USA.

They are not boxers.
Maybe you didn’t hear me the first time.

The thread is asking about traditional boxers. Your pictures are far from it.
But whatever dude, call em what you want, it doesn’t mystically change them into something they are not. I‘m done with you.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
The box on the left are tee's, the box on the right I have said are boxers/trunks but are probably Midways...
Here in the States the box on the right would be “Boxer Briefs,” as you say midway between a Boxer and a Brief.

Top Bottom