What's new

Least finicky soaps

I guess the most forgiving soap I've got would probably Stirling Unscented with Beeswax...that stuff just tends to explode off the puck no matter what I throw at it. IIRC La Toja is pretty forgiving, too, though my La Toja stick tends to live in my Dopp kit and I mostly use it when traveling, so it's been a while since I've used it. Also, MWF is coming to mind...stuff isn't the easiest, but the key isn't dialing in the right hydration, it's just loading for ever and ever. If you load it long enough, the water ratio is really quite secondary. (Though also something I'm not using much anymore, since I seem to have developed a lanolin sensitivity.)

Least finicky - Hendrix Classic (HC&C)

It loads onto the brush and lathers up more easily than any other soap I have.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Any particular base? I favor their mutton base

I'm pretty sure that all Stirling's soaps are of the same tallow base, and each one differs only in scent.
They are all pretty magnificent soaps, and create a luxurious lather without needing to go crazy about
"dialing things in perfectly." Very tolerant to many differing amounts of water.

I'm pretty sure that all Stirling's soaps are of the same tallow base, and each one differs only in scent.

Not quite all...Unscented with Beeswax uses a base without lanolin (for people like me with a lanolin sensitivity). They claim in the description that they intend(ed?) a whole line of beeswax soaps for lanolin-sensitive customers, but so far only the unscented has actually come out.

They are all pretty magnificent soaps, and create a luxurious lather without needing to go crazy about
"dialing things in perfectly." Very tolerant to many differing amounts of water.
Stirling has mutton tallow base and a beef tallow base.

- Fayiz D.

I've had pretty good success with Arko, Cella, Van der Hagen luxury soap, and Proraso. To be honest, I've never really struggled to make a lather with any soap I've tried (though I know I have hard water). I was even able to make a pretty good lather with TOBS sandalwood in the bowl.

Top Bottom