What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Fwiw, I've read that, in going from 1.15 to 1.25, there is definitely a jump in blade feel. Still smooth as all get out, but the feel is there. With that said, I see no harm in going on the waitlist to potentially explore a higher gap. It will be about 7 months give or take. In that time, you may already have your favorite Wolfman in hand. If not, you will know when you get the email to proceed.

For me, when I got the 1.05, I was in love, but still curious and went back on the waitlist immediately. Wolfman dating, if you will. I got the 1.15 and loved that. With the 1.15 in hand, I did not feel the need to go back on the waitlist. I'm happy...

Until, you know, I may wonder in a few years if I actually do want more blade feel :)

I have three gaps. Wr1 is 0.61 and 0.86, and WR2 is 1.25

In terms of 0.61 and 0.86, I don't feel that there is much difference between the two gaps in the shaving process.

em。。 In addition to 86's high shaving degree, BBS's holding time is increased.

1.25 is the same. It's not like the intense gap at all.

It's all great!

In my opinion, it's because the razor is excellent enough, so in the shaving process, the big gap does not bring us trouble.

So I think I should decide soon. Haha. I had initially postponed my order but once I'm ready I can email them and get my order finally processed. :)

So handle option no issue. Quite set on the wrh7 and not going for hollow option.

Also gonna just go for the basic Polish. I take decent care of my things and the comments that say it just doesn't look / feel so much like a wolfman with the matte finish hmmm got me thinking I guess. So basic Polish it is.

And down to gap.

I think a 1.05 sb seems like a universal crowd pleaser and most are happy with. Even 1.15sb.

But then a small part of me wonders if I should go with the initial recommended idea by hannah's dad of a 0.95 sb / 1.05 or 1.15 oc dual comb.

I know it's a ymmv and individual preference thing end of the day. Maybe just gotta roll a dice and just decide and move on :)

Oh and back to blades, seems feathers, astra... What else works really well in your wolf?:)

Also gonna just go for the basic Polish. I take decent care of my things and the comments that say it just doesn't look / feel so much like a wolfman with the matte finish hmmm got me thinking I guess. So basic Polish it is.

Recently ordered a basic brushed WR2, I don't consider it a downgrade. My most used Wolfman is my .61 OC in the original brushed finish. I got this secondhand and it still looks great.

I know it's a ymmv and individual preference thing end of the day. Maybe just gotta roll a dice and just decide and move on 🙂

There's only one way to know! Very easy to trade if your first choice isn't working out.

Oh man. Haha.

I do figure the basic brushed finish is just a very daily driver minimal fuss and maintenance wolf. Just a diff aesthetic from the polished but more practical?

Oh no I better not get all torn about this one too then I'm back to square one. Lol

Recently ordered a basic brushed WR2, I don't consider it a downgrade. My most used Wolfman is my .61 OC in the original brushed finish. I got this secondhand and it still looks great.

There's only one way to know! Very easy to trade if your first choice isn't working out.

I would go single gap, mid range 1.15 from what you are asking. Reasoning being 1. You can trade down way easier than I have seen to trade up 2. It seems like most people get back on the list and buy a larger gap not smaller (up to 1.25 and then thrilled with even that for everyday use). I think a .95 or even a 1.05 might scratch that itch for a bit but you may be searching for more. If you hate a 1.15 after use, trade down.

Oh man. Haha.

I do figure the basic brushed finish is just a very daily driver minimal fuss and maintenance wolf. Just a diff aesthetic from the polished but more practical?

Oh no I better not get all torn about this one too then I'm back to square one. Lol

Sorry to throw your plans off! Yes, way more practical for me. A polished Wolf shows fingerprints and begs to be polished. Actually I prefer brushed razors generally so I don't miss the shine so much.

Sorry guys, and thanks for all the advice and sharing your own insights and experiences with me regarding your wolfman journey.

Haha I know either way I'll be happy with the wolfman but I have been yeah quite inclined to either a 1.05 or 1.15. Though someone also did say the 0.95 is super smooth yet efficient enough to mow down a week's growth too. So truly ymmv here.

Just wondering. Anyone went with the high quality brushed satin finish? Wondering if I should just go all out and do that if I'm sort of on the fence on basic matte versus basic polished. Hmmmm.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Sorry guys, and thanks for all the advice and sharing your own insights and experiences with me regarding your wolfman journey.

Haha I know either way I'll be happy with the wolfman but I have been yeah quite inclined to either a 1.05 or 1.15. Though someone also did say the 0.95 is super smooth yet efficient enough to mow down a week's growth too. So truly ymmv here.

Just wondering. Anyone went with the high quality brushed satin finish? Wondering if I should just go all out and do that if I'm sort of on the fence on basic matte versus basic polished. Hmmmm.
You only live once!

I have the 1.25, and have been on the wait list for the past 6 months. Love the 1.25, wouldn’t go any lower in gap, and was wondering what the next step might be - a 1.35 or a 1.45. I shave 2 to 3 days per week on average, and do not shave on consecutive days. Typical shave is two passes with a touch up. Appreciate any input the Wolfman vets could share. Also - are the upgraded finishes that much nicer? Mine is in the basic brushed. Thanks.

I have the 1.25, and have been on the wait list for the past 6 months. Love the 1.25, wouldn’t go any lower in gap, and was wondering what the next step might be - a 1.35 or a 1.45. I shave 2 to 3 days per week on average, and do not shave on consecutive days. Typical shave is two passes with a touch up. Appreciate any input the Wolfman vets could share. Also - are the upgraded finishes that much nicer? Mine is in the basic brushed. Thanks.
I had had the 1.25 and switched to a 1.45 which I really like. I probably have half a dozen razors that I appreciate and use foe different reasons, but it would be hard for me to distinguish the actual shave results between them. I like the 1.45 because it isn't a duplication of my other razors. It's truly different which is what I wanted from it. It's also easy to use. I shave daily. I just passed the eighth month mark on the waiting list and no word yet. I intend to buy a WR1.

Quite set on the wrh7 and not going for hollow option.
But do you want the regular WRH7 (90mm) or the XL (98mm)? I have the 90mm and enjoy it. I don't like longer handles so this was the right choice for me. The only super minor negative is that the 90mm is a little narrower than I would choose. Thus, the 98 mm can solve that problem. Choices, choices, choices.

Top Bottom