What's new

Do you shave in the shower?

I keep a Gillette fusion 5 in my shower inset thingie with a small handheld mirror.
If I need to get to work in a hurry, I'll knock one out in a flash.
It's more a get the job done kind of thing and not as relaxciting as shaving with a straight.

I'm 50 years old and have grey coarse hair. Been having trouble getting a smooth shave with no pulling. Not sure what I can do to prep besides standard hot water. Didn't know if many guys shave in the shower or if that would help. Thank you.
As someone mentioned above, let the soap or cream you're using soak into your bristles for about 3 minutes before applying the razor. Gillette themselves used to counsel this in the little instruction pamphlets that came with their razors. It really works.

You can buy a pre-shave product, but I've been slapping on a little of a soap or a cream before actually working up the main lather. It stays on for only about a minute, then mixes with the main stuff. The other thing I've found valuable is to dissolve some baking soda into your shave water. It makes the water softer or at least more slippery.

This topic comes up once in a while. I have never shaved in/during the shower since I don't know how would anyone, living in the same geographical area as me, be able to.
It takes me 15min to shave and I shave every morning. To let the hot water run for 15min continuously while shaving would be considered insane. At least where I live.
To stop the hot water run between passes, for 15min, would be masochistic.
I am neither.

There are better ways to properly hydrate the stubble and also cut it smoothly. Like using a sharper blade.

I do not shave in/during showers.
And no, I am not interested in a debate/argument about this. If shaving in the shower is your thing, good for you.
100% with you bro!

Top Bottom