What's new

Blanton's pricing

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I picked up a bottle “on sale” 2 days ago for $59. One bottle per customer and I happened to be there right after they stocked the shelves. I remember paying closer to $40 in Texas back in the late 90’s when everyone else was drinking Vodka. It was my “payday bourbon” and I would sometimes mix it with Coke. I no longer mix it with Coke.

I picked up a bottle “on sale” 2 days ago for $59. One bottle per customer and I happened to be there right after they stocked the shelves. I remember paying closer to $40 in Texas back in the late 90’s when everyone else was drinking Vodka. It was my “payday bourbon” and I would sometimes mix it with Coke. I no longer mix it with Coke.
I can see why it's one bottle per customer. How many bottles did they have?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I can see why it's one bottle per customer. How many bottles did they have?
They told me “one case.” I think Blanton's has 6 bottles to a case but I’m not sure why I would know that. I know there were at least 4 because that’s how many tickets I accidentally grabbed in my rush to get one before someone else got them all (which is kind of funny since there was literally no one else in the liquor area of the store). I had to take the ticket to customer service to get the bottle and was unable to see how many they actually had.

Here’s the state of BT at one of the local shops:
E1EB138B-7511-4337-BCA6-1C04D1986DDC.jpeg

You may purchase as many as you like, but it is overpriced by $10 a bottle.

Last edited:
My brother gets me Blanton’s for $60 at the specialty liquor store he manages. The funny thing is that the bottles never even reach the shelf. Every shipment is sold to employees, vendors, and management or once in a while to customers that special order. And even the insiders are limited to one bottle Each.

i have a green label special reserve from '06 and a single barrell from '11. i sell them for 700$. ultra rare pre john wick bottles. reliable euro seller. can send as many pics as necessary till you conviced yourself that you need them as collectible. both empty empty btw but hey, ultra ultra rare bourbon bottles. mint.

guys, plz, respect yourself and dont chase & support this nonsense.

i have a green label special reserve from '06 and a single barrell from '11. i sell them for 700$. ultra rare pre john wick bottles. reliable euro seller. can send as many pics as necessary till you conviced yourself that you need them as collectible. both empty empty btw but hey, ultra ultra rare bourbon bottles. mint.

guys, plz, respect yourself and dont chase & support this nonsense.
Lol, you go

Bought 2 bottles of Blantons for $60 a piece. Was glad to try it. Excellent rich but easy drinker. I can see why it is so popular.
Where are you located? I am in NY and one of my local places in Queens has now raised the price to high $80s. he just got a case in last week and it's all gone in 1 day. He had the best pricing on Blantons I could find. There were places in Manhattan before the pandemic that had bottles for $149.

Where are you located? I am in NY and one of my local places in Queens has now raised the price to high $80s. he just got a case in last week and it's all gone in 1 day. He had the best pricing on Blantons I could find. There were places in Manhattan before the pandemic that had bottles for $149.
Michigan. Not far from Flint. It’s gone that fast here as well. I assume 60$ is about as cheap as it gets in Michigan. Other states have different amounts of liquor taxes so they will differ I’m sure.

Your situation is similar I believe. I have never actually seen it on a shelf. The only other time I had a chance to get a bottle was to pre order it and buy 200$+ of liquor to get on the list to pay 125$ for a bottle... I did not think that was a good deal... Even though I could have easily found 200$ worth of liquor I wanted....lol. I am patient and I figured sooner or later it would show up for regular retail price.

It’s good 60$ bourbon. I don’t think I would pay much more. There are a bunch of 40-60$ bourbons that are spectacular if I am so inclined to drop that much on a bottle. In fact, I traded one of my bottles of Blantons for another 60$ bottle with a good friend that has been looking for it as well. Variety is the spice of life!

Good luck hunting

That Woodford Reserve is great stuff.. and Weller is still cheap up here so enjoying one of those currently. So many great choices.

Four Roses Small Batch or Single Barrel, Eagle Rare, Wild Turkey Rare Breed to name a few. That'll keep you busy for a while.
Of course, ER is just as hard to find as Blanton's in my area. But 4RSiB, WRDO, OF1920...all easy to find. Happy with a pour from those any day.

Of course, ER is just as hard to find as Blanton's in my area. But 4RSiB, WRDO, OF1920...all easy to find. Happy with a pour from those any day.
Eagle rare is impossible to find here as well unless one pays a premium. I’m looking forward to trying it sometime.

Top Bottom