What's new

Muhle is launching a LE R41 Stainless Steel

They did — with forum “help” I’ve read — and it’s got the dummy wide cap I know and enjoy.

I remember getting the last of the R41 2011 model when a few ones were available at Fendrihan back then. The forums hadn't heard of some Italian company called "Fatip" which made those razors (the fatip grande oc model we know today). I do remember elaborate techniques to increase the cap width to make it less aggresive and finally when fatips came around, just pop on a later fatip cap to tame the beast. Good days !

Now I'm curious. I wonder if Muhle is having their stainless models made by DSCosmetic. Seems like quite the coincidence that DSCosmetic released their Z0 stainless steel 'homage' to the R41 late last year, and here we are a few months later and Muhle finally releases a stainless R41. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened with a Chinese-made razor.

I like the R41. Mine's the Twist variety. This looks interesting and tempting. But I'm taking a wait and see approach as I'm not one to be an early adopter. Let's see what the reviews will be once it's out and being used.

Nice one
proxy.php

proxy.php

I wonder if Muhle is having their stainless models made by DSCosmetic.
This was also my first impression. But I prefer to buy the original, especially after my last experience with their great customer service. I know that the original R41 GS will be flawless which is important to me. I always want things to be perfect...

This was also my first impression. But I prefer to buy the original, especially after my last experience with their great customer service. I know that the original R41 GS will be flawless which is important to me. I always want things to be perfect...
I agree. I bought the Z0 on BST just because I was curious and it sure seemed like Muhle would never be doing a Stainless R41.

Top Bottom