What's new

Rocnel razor vs rex ambassador?

Hey! I was wondering if anybody who's used both, or even just the rocnel, could give a review of it. Thanks!!

- Fayiz D.

Look right here:

Have the rocnel gen 3 (2020) sold the Rex . Vastly superior shave for me minus the weight. The 2021 sailor version is correcting that so it will be a clean sweep for me for the new model.

Have the rocnel gen 3 (2020) sold the Rex . Vastly superior shave for me minus the weight. The 2021 sailor version is correcting that so it will be a clean sweep for me for the new model.
I'm considering selling all my razors to buy the rocnel so this will be a big decision lol

- Fayiz D.

I would not. Atleast not the 2020. It’s way to heavy to be considered a functional daily razor. For me anyway. I use it once a week for a leisure shave

I agree the 2020 rocnel is very heavy for most razors but I am more used to the weight since I own a slightly even heavier razor beforehand- the hone 15 in solid Brass. The rocnel is a top flight razor that has enough adjustability to satisfy almost anybody.

I agree the 2020 rocnel is very heavy for most razors but I am more used to the weight since I own a slightly even heavier razor beforehand- the hone 15 in solid Brass. The rocnel is a top flight razor that has enough adjustability to satisfy almost anybody.

Agreed that the shave is second to none. I am eagerly awaiting the 2021 gen 4 lighter version.

Maybe your the same person who asked in another forum but just in case:

I have owned a Rex Ambassador but for me the combination feel - Effectiveness during shaves was not good enough to keep it, however the new owner was very happy with it.

I read some reviews of the sailor 2020 version from people who's opinion I hold in high regard (they seem to have a similar taste in razors) and decided to contact Murat for a order. Had to wait a week or two as they where being assembled at that moment. Very good communication with the maker I must say.

Took less then 48 hours from Turkey to Belgium. Beautiful package, best I have seen so far. I owned the Sailor gold ring first gen but this is certainly a big improvement.

Until now never found a adjustable that I really liked a lot and I've tried many. Visually it's a jewel (although a few of my shaving friends find it over the top and ugly because of it's massiveness and weight).

The balance is good (much better than a Pils for instance), it's heavy and massive but I had no problem in areas like under the nose and such. Started at stand 1 and upped that every next shave, I kept the stand the same during the whole 3 pass shave during the test phase.

Since I've gone thru all stands up to twice around the dot, for me all stands are useable although for me personally stands 2 up to 6 will be the most used. Still experimenting what gives the best result, going up thru the settings after each pass or going down.

Only once did I draw a little bit of blood on stand 8, with the big opening the corner of the Feather blade hooked my earlobe a bit.

The Sailor 2020 will get a place among my favourite razors (Paradigm, Raw shaving, Blackland, ....). Like several others I would love a Titanium version. The high price is already forgotten because the pleasure I get out of it

Top Bottom