Razor-Hear Opus, Handle-eben
Blade-Personna
Brush-Plisson
Soap&A/S-Sebum green
IMG_8447.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD Thur, Mar18th 2021

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant, MFG 2017>aggressive range, can be a smooth shave when technique is good, excellent results.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (5) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Gillette Pure cream, nice scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm, perfect loft :001_wub: excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, perfect scrub & lather painter.
Preshave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper =:a17:Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant + Astra SP blade.
DE SOTD, Thur, Mar 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Yaqi DLC Classic DE, CC
Blade: Durablade 7a.m Plus Hi Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega 63170 Pure Badger, 24mm
Bowl: van Yulay Honeycomb lather bowl

Cream: Figaro

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel
Canoe aftershave splash

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

[emoji106]You certainly have a one of a kind. Thanks for the interesting post.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I was ready to throw it out until my son, an aspiring bladesmith suggested retempering. After two heat treatments and quenching in two different oils, it seems to now hold an edge. The jury’s still out, but considering that the original edge wouldn’t last through a shave, it’s a definite improvement.

664BA485-2F2F-4806-909D-FBF915035BA8.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, MARCH 18, 2021

The new-to-me F. Herder 49 15/16 spent some time on the Naniwa 12k with a final polish on the jasper stone yesterday afternoon, which removed the harshness I’d experienced with the first shave. All I can say is I now understand why these bone handled “Ace of Spades” razors are held in such high regard. You would think that such a chunky blade might be awkward, but the balance in hand feels just right. With the newly refined edge, it sailed through my regular three pass shave with aplomb leaving behind a porcelain smooth surface, and in the process hooked me! I really like this razor.

I selected my favorite Gem safety razor for this morning’s noggin shave. I consider the Streamline to be the BEST single edge Gem razor (YMMV). The build, production quality, and style is very sleek and well balanced, but a lot heavier than most other Ever Ready and GEM razors at 45g. They were produced between the early 30's and up to the late 50's. My set includes the Streamline Razor, a Streamline Auto-Strop and the leather strop. Some consider the Streamline to be aggressive. I prefer to think of it as highly efficient. It swept away the dome stubble in two very smooth ATG passes and left me refreshed, clean, cool and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: F. Herder 49 15/16 (Mug), Ever Ready Streamline (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
SOAP: Fine Snake Bite
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Snake Bite AS Splash.

3/15/21
Art of Shaving Bergamot & Neroli Shave Cream
Art of Shaving in Fine Badger
Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Osma Alum Block
Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic
Art of Shaving Bergamot & Neroli Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD3-15-21.jpg

3/16-17/21
Speick Shave Stick