What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 15th - March 21st, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
64E650A0-1A87-4C39-8D5C-52E727C8B7F3.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, MARCH 15, 2021

It’s great to be home and have access to my entire razor collection. After a 13 hour drive, and spending Saturday night on an air mattress, it was a real pleasure to get home to my favorite mattress. Back when I worked, I used to spend a lot of time in San Francisco. The St Francis Hotel on Union Square was my favorite hotel, and I never failed to have a glorious sleep there. The secret was their own custom designed mattress. When I retired, I purchased that mattress. I have that same one in our condo in Philly and at my wife’s family’s summer place on Tybee Island. Since we’re now both vaccinated, we plan on visiting both places again after a year of quarantine. In any case, it sure paid off last night, seven great hours of rest. I must have been tired because I normally sleep for only five.

Waking up to a 29°F, bright sunny day certainly set the right tone. This morning’s mug shave featured my Frederick Reynolds 5/8 and a luxurious three pass Castle Forbes lather, whipped up with my favorite Viking Silvertip Badger brush. I decided to spoil myself with a face lather, and I’m glad I did. That little shoulderless Reynolds never lets me down, and it certainly didn’t this morning, easily putting the baby to bed! The dome shave with the Rex Ambassador was a slow and careful two pass ATG shave wide open with that wonderful blade feel I love. The Traveling Wilburys’ “Handle With Care” playing in the background set the perfect tone for a great start to the day! I feel clean, refreshed and porcelain smooth!

RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds 5/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday Mar 15th 2021

Razor: Gem Push button- MFG 1958-65, excellent <mid range, very attractive razor with black and gold, easy carefree shaver IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Proraso red, nice sandal wood scent, great protection, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great for large hands + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso Red with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gem Push button with a Gem coated blade.
MMMonday Mar15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

THE IDES OF MARCH, 2021*
______

Brush: H.I.S Synth
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: Stirling Coconut Lime
Razor: Oristo
Blade: Nacet
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Third Man by Caron
*Kind of a scary day