never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Lather: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20210313_202008~2.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I really like the classy look of that wood tub.
It would be nice to see some of the current artisans release one with a wood bowl.

How's the soap though? I'm yet to try this line.

This tallow based soap is excellent, but I've recently decided to stop using it. The reason? The latest vegetable soaps are performing better for me, both in terms of slickness and post-shave feel. This is something I wouldn't have thought possible a few years ago. However, the upgraded versions of Haslinger V2, Musgo Real, SV 4.3 and the new Ach. Brito Mogno have made me change opinion. Now, I have my eyes on the newest Musgo.

Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man - New 1st Use. @Ivo4u2
Much anticipated soap. Received it a few days ago and the initial sniff from the tub was quite a mild scent and unique...very unique...is it cigar, is it tobacco, something else?...hmmm. Today during the lathering, the scent was stronger but I would say only up to mild. I am liking the scent as time goes by...hahaha. Sorta sweet, leathery cigarish...
Took a while before it becomes nicely creamy...have to add in quite some water. The slickness is really good. Overall, I am liking this soap and "may" fall in love later...this is definitely not a love-at-first smell...😅
The balm scent is definitely much stronger and I quite like it. Sweet but masculine, leathery, and cigarish. Even my wife says so and my neighbor (don't know anything about shaving soap) says the same. Initially abit sticky on the face but it was alright after 10mins. Nice, soft, and moist feel and I am in the tropics with outside temperature 32C. I went out in the sun and to lunch at a restaurant and it feels great. The aromatic cigarish scent remains 4-5hours later...nice!!
View attachment 1236460
It has some staying power this morning I woke up and I could still smelly it faintly.. and my nose is usually not so sensitive in the morning
Still even matured not a bad scent

Top Bottom