What's new

Yaqi brushes: a "candy store" for wet shavers.

Ahhhhh ! Sublime shaving indeed. Love my Yaqis !

9858D03B-400E-4F21-B957-725894AADFAB.jpeg

The Sagrada Familia brush is a favorite of many. I originally bought the synthetic and found it to be very nice. It was a small, soft 24mm brush with a smallish handle that some feel is too small. If you have very large hands, it probably would feel a bit small.

I recently found that they also have a 2-band badger. Why not try it?

I ordered one and, after some use it had splayed out nicely. Here are the two brushes.

sag  110508.jpg

The synthetic is a 24mm, but the 2-band is only a 22mm. The handle on the 2-band is significantly smaller than on the synth. It would be more difficult to hold with larger hands, but I found that it was fine for me and my glove size is Large.

The 2-band is surprisingly large when lathering. It's splay on my face is about the same at the 24mm synth. It has more scritch than the synth, which is to be expected. I really like the two band. Now I have two Sagada handles to display and use. Win Win.

sag  110533.jpg

I don’t have the brush yet. Here’s a picture I got off the internet.
This is probably my last brush. I’ve been looking for a nice yellow brush for a while, and the 28mm G4 synthetic knot is probably one of my favorites.
View attachment 1232560
I just heard from the the Hong Kong based Etsy store. He said mail delivery to Canada is suspended and courier is too expensive so he cancelled and refunded my order.
Seller told me that the brush is available at Shave Nation. I checked and it’s available for the same price ($76CAD) but the shipping is another $26.
A little too steep $ for me.

I’ve got a 26mm Moca 2 band badger, a 24mm mysterious space blue Silvertip and a 24mm black handled Silvertip and they’re my favourite brushes by miles.
These are all around the £25 mark and I challenge anyone to get a comparable brush for anywhere near that.
When I started this type of shaving a few years ago I bought a few brushes from respected brands all around a similar price and they were rubbish by comparison.
To anyone starting out in proper shaving you’ll get unbelievable value and shaving experience with a Yaqi Badger.

I’ve got a 26mm Moca 2 band badger, a 24mm mysterious space blue Silvertip and a 24mm black handled Silvertip and they’re my favourite brushes by miles.
These are all around the £25 mark and I challenge anyone to get a comparable brush for anywhere near that.
When I started this type of shaving a few years ago I bought a few brushes from respected brands all around a similar price and they were rubbish by comparison.
To anyone starting out in proper shaving you’ll get unbelievable value and shaving experience with a Yaqi Badger.

I couldn't sleep the other night (the night I presented my resignation to my current employer in preparation for our upcoming move to Canada).

Someone had posted Yaqi was having one of their live events - but it was like 2am or something crazy.

Well, since I couldn't sleep I decided to log in.

Ended up grabbing the 26mm Moka 2-Band (which I have been contemplating ordering at full price from WCS for weeks) for $13.80 (Yaqi discount and an AliExpress coupon added to it).

Heck, I even had rewards points on my CC to pay the $13.80.

Can't wait to get it. I absolutely love the shape (I use a moka pot every day) and a 2-band is my favorite knot.

I couldn't sleep the other night (the night I presented my resignation to my current employer in preparation for our upcoming move to Canada).

Someone had posted Yaqi was having one of their live events - but it was like 2am or something crazy.

Ended up grabbing the 26mm Moka 2-Band (which I have been contemplating ordering at full price from WCS for weeks) for $13.80 (Yaqi discount and an AliExpress coupon added to it).

Can't wait to get it. I absolutely love the shape (I use a moka pot every day) and a 2-band is my favorite knot.
Congrats! The 26mm Moka 2-band is one of my favorite badgers. Soft but still has scrub to it and feels dense on the face. Only flaw was that it had some funk to it at first but cleaning it thoroughly helped.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy synthetic brushes and have some Yaqi brushes I have bought over the last 2 years and really enjoy them.
They all have those cloud like soft tips and they have back bone for those folks who like a good scrub, the bigger diameter brushes 26mm or larger will give the most scrub because they have so much more whiskers to help in that task IMO. All these brushes are good lather painters.
24 mm knots are a good size knot and the bigger knots are interesting and the one on the far right (red zebra 26mm is my favorite in the bigger knots). All the brushes are very enjoyable to use! I have a 24mm synthetic Moka express on the way also.
The white Cashmere 24 mm with black handle(dedicated brush) gets used every day for over 2 years brush washing my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser. (nice knot with a not so much back bone but gentle around the eyes area.)
The ones on the left have a little more back bone :thumbsup: ........................ the ones on the right have a little less back bone. :thumbup:
Yaqi cluster of brushes!.jpg

Yaqi brushes seem all right from my experiences, there are better brands possibly but you might have to pay a little more.

Last edited:
I just heard from the the Hong Kong based Etsy store. He said mail delivery to Canada is suspended and courier is too expensive so he cancelled and refunded my order.
Seller told me that the brush is available at Shave Nation. I checked and it’s available for the same price ($76CAD) but the shipping is another $26.
A little too steep $ for me.
Not worth it.

I have this beast. After 5-6 uses there is no scrub, lather release is top class.

Can't say anything else. A winner.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I used my boar brush this morning and used the same soap as yesterday for bowl lathering with my synthetic Yaqi brush. I don't use my boar brush very often and with the same soap in the same bowl started to generate lather and it took like 15 seconds to get the lather to even start foaming and I had this disbelief that something was wrong and after a few more seconds it start to make lather.
I thought about this and is it there is more whiskers with a synthetic in the stirring action that gets everything started to foam quicker, I can get good lather with my synthetic brush usually around a 1 min or less where my boar brush took a little longer.
I would of not even thought there would be difference but seeing is believing, Synthetic brushes are just that good a deal IMO.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Yaqi have a website and distribution here in Australia. Incredibly prompt delivery. Therefore in my cupboard is an ever growing collection.

Top Bottom