What's new

Wilkinson Sword - majorly underrated

That price is way high, though. If you buy from Connaught's, the sticks are two for $5.50 or $2.75 each. Shipping is not that much more expensive, especially if you combine shipping with other things in your cart.

This would be a good chance to try a small container of Vitos or 3P, get a few Wickham 1912 samples, etc.

ws-stick-1.png

Last edited:
That's a decent price for a 2pack.
The next best one is Amazon de with 3€ each. I don't know why but prices outside of Germany for this one are kind of ''insane'', meaning an average of 5€ per stick. Not so competitive if it goes on price vs weight comparison with e.g. Tabac (which performs better) or with LaToja (average 2.5€-3.0€ per stick).

I got my Wilkinson Stick from Fendhrihan for a reasonable price. Thry had a few other soaps i wanted to try so threw in a stick as well.

It has a light blue aquatic scent that pairs well with Aqua Velva. I need more experience with it before drawing any conclusions but so far so good.

Bowl: I tried and finished. It was my first 3017 bowl. Scent is fresh but nothing fancy. Lather is Ok but not as good as Tabac. If I rate Tabac 9/10 , wilkinson bowl can get 3/10.

Stick: I tried but not finished. Scent much more better than the bowl. Slickness and protectiveness are here. One of my favourite stick. I rate 9/10 the stick version.

I wanted to try the black bowl. Picked one up and the scent was ok, but nothing special. Wasn’t impressed with first lather but figured I’d better try a few more times before I make up my mind on it. Used it a couple more times and I still didn’t like it so I chucked it. It was cheap so no loss.

I wanted to try the black bowl. Picked one up and the scent was ok, but nothing special. Wasn’t impressed with first lather but figured I’d better try a few more times before I make up my mind on it. Used it a couple more times and I still didn’t like it so I chucked it. It was cheap so no loss.

Try the stick!

The little blue Wilkie shave stick is a favorite of mine. It's probably my favorite shave stick. I never bothered to grate one into a bowl. I just use it as intended. Each to his own. YMMV and all that :001_smile

What are you doing guys?!

just ordered 5 sticks from amazon.de. hopefully should go well with a new 200 ml bottle of aqua velva

I love the Wilkinson stick! Fantastic performance, very similar to Speick although the scent of Speick is much more pleasing!

Based on performance and scent, Speick is #1, la toja #2 and Wilkinson #3.

(The Wilkinson bowl sucked!)

I believe majority of forum agrees that bowl is horrible, and stick is great. ...

Count me in the minority, then. The blue bowl is readily available in pharmacies in British Columbia, Canada; at least it was before the border was closed. (I live in nearby Washington state.) I picked up a bowl a few years back on a visit and use it as a travel soap. Used it just last week and there's not much left in the bowl. Quick and easy to lather, decent performance, kind of a refreshing scent, and a cheap price. Not a great soap, but a decent soap in my book. Certainly not a horrible soap. As always, YMMV.

I've never seen the Wilkinsons stick, so can't compare the two.

Count me in the minority, then. The blue bowl is readily available in pharmacies in British Columbia, Canada; at least it was before the border was closed. (I live in nearby Washington state.) I picked up a bowl a few years back on a visit and use it as a travel soap. Used it just last week and there's not much left in the bowl. Quick and easy to lather, decent performance, kind of a refreshing scent, and a cheap price. Not a great soap, but a decent soap in my book. Certainly not a horrible soap. As always, YMMV.

I've never seen the Wilkinsons stick, so can't compare the two.

I'm happy that bowl works for you. Well if you like the soap you will LOVE the stick if you get your hands on it one day :D it's tallow based, lathers quickly and easily and is one of slickest soaps out there (I'd say top 5 easily)

I've heard the stick is amazing but never used it. As for the bowl, apparently, there used to be a blue bowl and black bowl, but I think they changed the blue to black recently without using the old black bowl formula. It is a reasonable soap, and it's cheaper than William's, but it kind of smells like shaving with cheap deodorant, with generic citrus and floral scent, plus I found it to be rather drying.

I didn't finish the puck and tossed it because it just didn't fit my rotation, but for someone who wants a cheap soap and has issues with William's, it's certainly a good option. However, if you want something that performs well, isn't overly drying, and has a good scent this probably won't fit the bill.

Top Bottom