What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Well Ruger has 3 "stock" colors and 8 distributor exclusive colors. Maybe they assign a serial number and a color to the build sheet aka the sticker on the box before they are even born and pull "x" number of them off the line to become Plum Brown, O.D. Green, Cobalt, Stone Gray, Crushed Orchid, Tungsten, Flat Dark Earth, or Midnight Bronze (love that color BTW!) after the fact? 🤷‍♂️

Sounds plausible.

The two Silver's I have seen in person are much lighter than yours. So, you got one of the more expensive, special dealer cerakote's for the price of the basic three colors they are selling? I wouldn't mind having the OD Green one, if I didn't have to pay anymore than what you did. :)

That's kinda what I'm thinking. The silver one they had in the case was bright silver, just like the pic on Rugers website.

Here is the box

rugerbox.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
The two Silver's I have seen in person are much lighter than yours. So, you got one of the more expensive, special dealer cerakote's for the price of the basic three colors they are selling? I wouldn't mind having the OD Green one, if I didn't have to pay anymore than what you did. :)
I think that is totally doable, Rob. I'll have to double check but I wanna say my LGS has an O.D. Green for $199.00. It really seems like they are shipping whatever they can to whomever they can right now. And with the run I would be doing the same!!! Might have to pick it up!

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yes they match. At this shop they have 3 different people check to make sure the numbers on the box and firearm match, two different salesmen as well as the checkout person.

Unusual for sure, because it ain't a silver one. Ruger's demand for those lil' pistols are so great, they must of ran out of boxes and had to make due. I remember getting a to go pizza once, where it looked like they had my large pizza, crammed into a medium pizza box.

They must have had to make due also. :)

I hope you will post some range pics or pics of shot up beer cans after you first shoot it? :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
No you di'unt! You're just showing off now. Nice! I guess some days you want to wear the black hat, some days the white hat

OkieStubble

No you di'unt! You're just showing off now. Nice! I guess some days you want to wear the black hat, some days the white hat

That's actually a great idea! :)

Black and a silver?

So the wife thinks she's slick. I convinced her, she wanted one of her own, for when we go out plinkin'. I also convinced her, the all black one, was better then any of the two tone one's. I never once mentioned, that in the back of my mind, I was actually thinking, I WILL have a pair of matching six shooters all to myself, sooner or later.

But for some crazy reason, she can read my facial expressions and my thoughts, like she has been sitting her whole life at a Blackjack table. So just before I plunked down the bank card, she up and changed her mind and wanted a silver instead of a black one.

If I knew she was so smart, I wouldn't have married her. ;)

That's actually a great idea! :)

So the wife thinks she's slick. I convinced her, she wanted one of her own, for when we go out plinkin'. I also convinced her, the all black one, was better then any of the two tone one's. I never once mentioned, that in the back of my mind, I was actually thinking, I WILL have a pair of matching six shooters all to myself, sooner or later.

But for some crazy reason, she can read my facial expressions and my thoughts, like she has been sitting her whole life at a Blackjack table. So just before I plunked down the bank card, she up and changed her mind and wanted a silver instead of a black one.

If I knew she was so smart, I wouldn't have married her. ;)
Nice!!!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Nothing special but I found a brick of RWS sub-sonic HP on gunbroker for about the same price as it was going for locally (actually a buck less thanks to takes but there is shipping dontcha know). Called to pay for it and had a great chat with an old time that is all about .22s. He asked me why I was buying it and I told him "Well, sir. It's my favorite squirrel busting round!". He told me he asks because he hates resellers and proceeded to tell me that he and a partner buy gun stores that are closing. His partner moves the guns and he moves the ammo. He then told me he winters in Florida and when he gets back to Kentucky he has lots more and it will be cheaper. "You want me to give you a call when I get my hands on it?" Please and thank you!!!

OkieStubble

Nothing special but I found a brick of RWS sub-sonic HP on gunbroker for about the same price as it was going for locally (actually a buck less thanks to takes but there is shipping dontcha know). Called to pay for it and had a great chat with an old time that is all about .22s. He asked me why I was buying it and I told him "Well, sir. It's my favorite squirrel busting round!". He told me he asks because he hates resellers and proceeded to tell me that he and a partner buy gun stores that are closing. His partner moves the guns and he moves the ammo. He then told me he winters in Florida and when he gets back to Kentucky he has lots more and it will be cheaper. "You want me to give you a call when I get my hands on it?" Please and thank you!!!

I've been looking for some Aguila Colibri and it can't be found. I'd take some CCI Quiet Segmented also. :)

Top Bottom