What's new

So Begins the Task

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Colt M4 right out of the box, but where's the fun in that?
Tricking out an AR rifle can be more of a good time than bolting chrome on a Harley. Starting now....
IMG_2949.jpg

So far...Magpul furniture, MOE/ASAP sling mounts and MS3 sling, Aimpoint PRO optic, more 30 round magazines (4 coupled) than anyone really needs.
In the foreseeable future probably some sort of laser and illumination equipment, swap out the front A2 sight.
As a versatile hunting round, I don’t think the .223/5.56 has much merit. We have a fairly healthy crop of coyotes up here so I believe it’ll see some duty in that theater. If/when ammunition becomes more available and reasonably priced, considerably more range time will also be on the agenda.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Do you deer hunt and is .223 legal for deer in your state? Some people hunt with the 65 gr. and heavier pills in .223. Then you can always build a heavier cal. upper for it, if so inclined. Many options to consider.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Do you deer hunt and is .223 legal for deer in your state? Some people hunt with the 65 gr. and heavier pills in .223. Then you can always build a heavier cal. upper for it, if so inclined. Many options to consider.
6mm ARC for the win!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So far...Magpul furniture, MOE/ASAP sling mounts and MS3 sling, Aimpoint PRO optic, more 30 round magazines (4 coupled) than anyone really needs.
In the foreseeable future probably some sort of laser and illumination equipment, swap out the front A2 sight.

As a versatile hunting round, I don’t think the .223/5.56 has much merit. We have a fairly healthy crop of coyotes up here so I believe it’ll see some duty in that theater. If/when ammunition becomes more available and reasonably priced, considerably more range time will also be on the agenda.

Damn, I thought I was hangin' out with you too much, cuz my safe is starting to fill up with old people's guns and leather. But it appears like, you have been hangin' out with me too much. You gonna be diggin' tunnels underneath the cabin before too long. :)

That Colt is lookin' battle ready though. I'd like to see your first groups from it... :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Damn, I thought I was hangin' out with you too much, cuz my safe is starting to fill up with old people's guns and leather. But it appears like, you have been hangin' out with me too much. You gonna be diggin' tunnels underneath the cabin before too long. :)

That Colt is lookin' battle ready though. I'd like to see your first groups from it... :)
I'll just show this thread to my lovely wife and tell her how lucky she is the next time I catch it for looking at aftershave....

Not sure why pics will not load sometimes. I bet she is a beaut.

I believe, do not quote me on this one, that Kansas dropped their caliber requirement to include the .223 for deer. From an ethical humane standpoint, I hope any one using a .223 for deer knows how to pic their projectile and the importance of shot placement.

Top Bottom