What's new

Come along on "My Adventures in Decantery"!

I've decided to try and expand on my creativity, with a focus on aftershave decanters. So many of them have interesting shapes, and my mind goes around and around with what I might be able to do with them. Plus, I keep collecting Avon bottles - so, I've got a supply to experiment with!

So, I'm going to take off on a journey, painting and modifying aftershave bottles into whatever concept comes to mind. I might take an existing bottle and decorate it, while others I might build a display around. Still others I may add some unusual piece to it to change it into another thing entirely. I might also take a non-aftershave object and make it a decanter. Some artsy, others practical, others just to see if I can do it. Who knows where my mind may take me?

I invite you on the journey with me. Maybe you'll be amazed, maybe you be intrigued, maybe even you'll be inspired to crate your own creations. Heck, you might even laugh at some of the things I do! That's OK - laughter is good!
Please feel free to post your thoughts and comments, maybe a suggestion of something you'd like to see. I'll see what I can do!

To start off, here are two projects I've already done and posted pics before.
The first is an old glass crystal light bulb a customer brought in to me to find a replacement. I told him we didn't have anything that old and ornate, and he was kind enough to let me have the bulb. I was able to get the brass socket end off and remove the filament and post, then fashioned a holder out of some sheet ABS I had. I found a suitable cap, and wa-la: a decanter to hold my vintage Aqua Velva!

Attachments

• IMG_5767.JPG
    IMG_5767.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5783.JPG
    IMG_5783.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5796.JPG
    IMG_5796.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5798.JPG
    IMG_5798.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The second is a Fuller Brush bicycle decanter I received that was missing the cap cover. I fashioned a cover with an approximation of the original seat and handlebars. Not too bad.

Attachments

• IMG_5880.JPG
    IMG_5880.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5900.JPG
    IMG_5900.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5903.JPG
    IMG_5903.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 33

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've decided to try and expand on my creativity, with a focus on aftershave decanters. So many of them have interesting shapes, and my mind goes around and around with what I might be able to do with them. Plus, I keep collecting Avon bottles - so, I've got a supply to experiment with!

So, I'm going to take off on a journey, painting and modifying aftershave bottles into whatever concept comes to mind. I might take an existing bottle and decorate it, while others I might build a display around. Still others I may add some unusual piece to it to change it into another thing entirely. I might also take a non-aftershave object and make it a decanter. Some artsy, others practical, others just to see if I can do it. Who knows where my mind may take me?

I invite you on the journey with me. Maybe you'll be amazed, maybe you be intrigued, maybe even you'll be inspired to crate your own creations. Heck, you might even laugh at some of the things I do! That's OK - laughter is good!
Please feel free to post your thoughts and comments, maybe a suggestion of something you'd like to see. I'll see what I can do!

To start off, here are two projects I've already done and posted pics before.
The first is an old glass crystal light bulb a customer brought in to me to find a replacement. I told him we didn't have anything that old and ornate, and he was kind enough to let me have the bulb. I was able to get the brass socket end off and remove the filament and post, then fashioned a holder out of some sheet ABS I had. I found a suitable cap, and wa-la: a decanter to hold my vintage Aqua Velva!
Impressed! Good work on that holder.

But the seat and handle bars are really something!

Tangential: I've got a pretty Shalamar bottle which is near empty and a full refill bottle with a spritzer on it, what do I? how do I? can you tell me? I wanna get the great perfume out of the plain vial and put it into the pretty bottle. What am I missing? (Other than 10 minutes standing at the Women's Perfume Bar and speaking with a knock-out lass vice ... well, never you mind...)
Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom