What's new

Colt...I mean, How Tacky!

Picked up my Colt 6920 M4 yesterday. Very unceremonious packaging, crummy brown cardboard box torn on the end. Rifle was OK though.
Sure not high class like my Beretta or Browning O/U cases which came along with the shotguns. But still...for $1500 you would thing they could do better. Eh...I have a Pelican case anyway. However....
Upon opening the no-frills box I find:
1. Rifle in a plastic bag
2. Magpul 30 round magazine
3. Magpul MVG Front Grip
4. Stupid lock
5. Safe chamber indicator (never use them)
6. Hopelessly outdated owners manual.
7. A QR sling loop apparently meant to be used in the buttstock.
Now the question is....That's it?
Most importantly how does one mount the front of the sling???? Am I missing a piece? Nah...called Colt. They told me I have to call Magpul and buy something to connect the front of the sling. Really? Not that $20 for a M-Lok connector is gonna kill me, but you would think.....well
then again maybe not.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Picked up my Colt 6920 M4 yesterday. Very unceremonious packaging, crummy brown cardboard box torn on the end. Rifle was OK though.
Sure not high class like my Beretta or Browning O/U cases which came along with the shotguns. But still...for $1500 you would thing they could do better. Eh...I have a Pelican case anyway. However....
3. Magpul MVG Front Grip
4. Stupid lock
Most importantly how does one mount the front of the sling???? Am I missing a piece? Nah...called Colt. They told me I have to call Magpul and buy something to connect the front of the sling. Really? Not that $20 for a M-Lok connector is gonna kill me, but you would think.....well
then again maybe not.

SP 6920? Can us common folk even buy an LE 6920?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Got mine out of Coppell Texas. Bet they still have some 😉
Sooooo Grab-A-Gun? 🤣 If it makes you feel any better I dropped almost 3K on my Triarc pistol and it came in what looked like a $14.99 Wal-Mary special plastic rifle case itself. Heck, at least my $750.00 Springer Saint cane with an OK padded drag bag. 🤷‍♂️

3. Magpul MVG Front Grip
4. Stupid lock
then again maybe not.
Doesn’t sound like the shipping department is tryin’ too hard. Sounds like pawn store packaging. I never understood companies that sell things that aren’t 100% functional out of the box. They should just leave the sling out if they are too cheap to buy the parts to attach it to the rifle....

No.
No sling was included. I had to buy my own. But no worries really. I have about 8 30 round Magpul Magazines, Vortex Strikefire II, Pelican case, and Bagmaster soft carry case left over from my S&W.
Vortex Razor and riser are on the way. New Magpul sling too (gave my old one away to a friend). I have no complaints.

Last edited:
Top Bottom