What's new

Pasteur's pharmacy online store

My order arrived from Pasteur's Pharmacy today. I miss going to the NYC store on 34th yet ordering online was very efficient. Maybe someday we will get back to normal. The shipping was incredibly fast. Ordered on Monday afternoon and arrived in Cincinnati today. Prices were great. I received automated emails throughout the week letting me know where my order was which I did not expect. Thought I would post and let you guys know how easy my experience was and would recommend.

Photo of my purchases below. CF, my everyday routine (White Proraso Cream, pre-shave, and balm), feather blades, Trumper buttermilk bath soap, and Trumper shampoo. I finally broke down and bought a tub of Castle Forbes Lavender and looking forward to tomorrow morning.

tempImageHuEbBu.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Nice I’m jealous I was searching around for something and they had it. Until they didn’t. It had apparently sold in the store and wasn’t updated on the web site. They said it was growing pains and such adapting to on line sales. Made me very sad 😔

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My order arrived from Pasteur's Pharmacy today. I miss going to the NYC store on 34th yet ordering online was very efficient. Maybe someday we will get back to normal. The shipping was incredibly fast. Ordered on Monday afternoon and arrived in Cincinnati today. Prices were great. I received automated emails throughout the week letting me know where my order was which I did not expect. Thought I would post and let you guys know how easy my experience was and would recommend.

Photo of my purchases below. CF, my everyday routine (White Proraso Cream, pre-shave, and balm), feather blades, Trumper buttermilk bath soap, and Trumper shampoo. I finally broke down and bought a tub of Castle Forbes Lavender and looking forward to tomorrow morning.

View attachment 1228437
I wish you hadn't posted that pic. I love Lavender!

I just wanted to plug this store and wanted to say they have some good deals and products that are sold out on many shaving outlets.
For example B @ M aftershave is in stock many if not all. CL aftershave that is not made in stock. A few not being made no more. These are just a few.
Plus they are some super nice people who work there. I visited this place in January and was treated so nice buy the owner.
Thanks - I didn't realize they had an online store, but I had read great things about the brick and mortar store.

I hate to be a positive mood killer, but while Pasteur's did have items that are difficult to find elsewhere, post sale service when they made a fulfillment error has been a bit of a nightmare.

Warning, this is long...

I ordered a Henson Ti22 medium aggression razor which most places are sold out of. Pasteur's shipped quickly via FedEx 2-day, which was excellent... Just one problem, when I opened the package today, it turned out they shipped the wrong razor (the mild version). There is no phone number on their packing slip, so I had to do a web search to find who to call, but found it and did so. When I called, I got shifted from department to department very rudely and finally ended up speaking to someone who would even bother to help me.

When I informed him of the issue, he asked me to send him a picture of the bar code which I quickly did. He confirmed the bar code was of the mild, then asked if I had opened the box to check to see if actually they sent a medium razor in the mild box (?!?). Bottom line is eventually he agreed the wrong razor was shipped and said he would send me a return FedEx shipping label that I would need to ship the package back with, then they would send me the correct razor.

I wait by my computer for the label and the minutes and then a half hour flies by without any luck. So another call to Pasteur, more rude transfers, then I get the same guy again. I ask if he could tell me when I can expect the label as I have been sitting by the computer waiting for it (as he said he was sending it right over). He said he had other things to do first, in which I responded that I needed him to expedite, as I was waiting for it and time was money... He said (and this is rich) that yes, time is money for him too, and that by my talking with him and him having to handle the return/exchange it was taking up *his* time when he could be doing other things! Needless to say, I really don't care about *his* time, as he made the error in the first place! He also mentioned in passing on this call that he didn't even know if they had the correct replacement item in stock, and would need to check (something he completely omitted mentioning when we first spoke, but was pretty pertinent information for a product exchange one would think).

At the end of the day, the return label showed up after an hour, the incorrect razor was sent back and the correct item will be shipped to me (supposedly they did have it, and I will take them at their word for now on this point), but if you are looking for good after-the-sale service including potential errors made by the merchant, at least know what you are potentially in for with these guys.

I hate to be a positive mood killer, but while Pasteur's did have items that are difficult to find elsewhere, post sale service when they made a fulfillment error has been a bit of a nightmare.

Warning, this is long...

I ordered a Henson Ti22 medium aggression razor which most places are sold out of. Pasteur's shipped quickly via FedEx 2-day, which was excellent... Just one problem, when I opened the package today, it turned out they shipped the wrong razor (the mild version). There is no phone number on their packing slip, so I had to do a web search to find who to call, but found it and did so. When I called, I got shifted from department to department very rudely and finally ended up speaking to someone who would even bother to help me.

When I informed him of the issue, he asked me to send him a picture of the bar code which I quickly did. He confirmed the bar code was of the mild, then asked if I had opened the box to check to see if actually they sent a medium razor in the mild box (?!?). Bottom line is eventually he agreed the wrong razor was shipped and said he would send me a return FedEx shipping label that I would need to ship the package back with, then they would send me the correct razor.

I wait by my computer for the label and the minutes and then a half hour flies by without any luck. So another call to Pasteur, more rude transfers, then I get the same guy again. I ask if he could tell me when I can expect the label as I have been sitting by the computer waiting for it (as he said he was sending it right over). He said he had other things to do first, in which I responded that I needed him to expedite, as I was waiting for it and time was money... He said (and this is rich) that yes, time is money for him too, and that by my talking with him and him having to handle the return/exchange it was taking up *his* time when he could be doing other things! Needless to say, I really don't care about *his* time, as he made the error in the first place! He also mentioned in passing on this call that he didn't even know if they had the correct replacement item in stock, and would need to check (something he completely omitted mentioning when we first spoke, but was pretty pertinent information for a product exchange one would think).

At the end of the day, the return label showed up after an hour, the incorrect razor was sent back and the correct item will be shipped to me (supposedly they did have it, and I will take them at their word for now on this point), but if you are looking for good after-the-sale service including potential errors made by the merchant, at least know what you are potentially in for with these guys.
I don’t think the prime shaving supplies retailer located in Adrian, Michigan treats their customers that way!

I don’t think the prime shaving supplies retailer located in Adrian, Michigan treats their customers that way!
This was my first order with them (and had never even heard of them before), but the order was out of their Manhattan store. I don't know if all online orders are shipped from there, but I know one person who won't be back!

Warning, this is long...

Sorry to hear your experience with Pasteur was not good. My first order with them, there was an error with the order. I dealt with them (Leandro) through email, not phone, and I got great customer service / quick responses and the issue was resolved very quickly. I’ve since made 2 more orders with them and had great service each time. I’m hoping my experience with them is the norm not yours

Sorry to hear your experience with Pasteur was not good. My first order with them, there was an error with the order. I dealt with them (Leandro) through email, not phone, and I got great customer service / quick responses and the issue was resolved very quickly. I’ve since made 2 more orders with them and had great service each time. I’m hoping my experience with them is the norm not yours
Glad you mentioned Leandro, because the label and a quick question and answer via email was sent by him. The email was pleasant and professional. I do *not* believe he was the person I spoke with over the phone. If he was, it would have to be a “Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde” situation because the two couldn’t be more polar opposites in professionalism and demeanor.

Warning, this is long...

I have had the exact opposite experience with returns at Pastuer. I have requested two separate returns (via the Contact Us link on the homepage), and both requests have been handled quickly and very professionally by Leandro. Not to dismiss what you feel was poor customer service by the vendor, but I wanted to counter it with my very positive customer service experiences with Pasteur.

My customer experiences with Pasteur have been good. No one was rude to me. They were helpful and knowledgeable. You have to realize they are a small shop with just a few staff. It's you that seems to insist on instant service on the phone. They don't have a phone bank of operators standing by to take your call. They would prefer that you deal with them by email so they can multi-task. New Yorkers can be direct at times, it's not meant to be rude.

I've gotten some great deals on sale items at Pasteur and quick, free shipping on two orders. I'd be willing to give them a break. Everybody makes mistakes now and then.

My customer experiences with Pasteur have been good. No one was rude to me. They were helpful and knowledgeable. You have to realize they are a small shop with just a few staff. It's you that seems to insist on instant service on the phone. They don't have a phone bank of operators standing by to take your call. They would prefer that you deal with them by email so they can multi-task.

I've gotten some great deals on sale items at Pasteur and quick, free shipping on two orders. I'd be willing to give them a break. Everybody makes mistakes now and then.
Sorry, the customer service I received over the phone is wholly unacceptable.

As an aside, I think you are correct in saying they prefer to deal over email (hence their not putting a phone number on their invoice) and now knowing how poor their phone service is (and how far superior their responses were via email) I probably would have done just that and most likely would have had a fine result as others have.

That said, I don’t think I need to cut them any slack for their shoddy phone service. I paid near full retail price on a $250 item that I could have bought elsewhere for approximately the same cost, and they screwed up the fulfillment. I agree businesses make mistakes, and when handled well, it is quite easy to forget them and move on as long as it doesn’t become a pattern... That said, if a business wants to be competitive when they are charging full retail price on luxury items and make an error, I fully expect they will resolve it to my satisfaction in a timely fashion, and certainly without the nasty, unprofessional attitude displayed as I outlined previously here... Oh, and they better be ready to take my call if I want to deal with them that way as the customer. They aren’t doing me any favors by fixing *their* error.

Top Bottom