What's new

What’s the biggest knot you have on your shave brush?

Well, here she is 35mm of two band glory. My first Thater brush. Not as big as imagined. I’ll clean her up with some Dr Bonners Almond soap and put her through the paces for my evening shave.
42E7F750-6E5D-4F7B-B412-56EC96775F92.jpeg

Please keep us posted - I am really interested in this brush
It’s probably the finest face lathering brush I’ve ever used. It would be more suited for soft soaps or creams. Although it has enough backbone to generate some foam on hard soaps as well. But I would not use it for that purpose. It’s mostly a wide brush versus tall. It’s very similar to when I owned a Chubby 3 Simpsons but I did not have The Manchurian 2 band knot. Although I would imagine they’re very similar do to size. I really enjoy this Bulb knot versus a fan knot. I hope this helps make your choice more Decisive.

I want to show you all something very interesting. On the right is my Mred she brush at 28 mm high mountain badger. On the left of course is the Theter To band 35mm. Notice the bulb size is almost identical. Almost could say the 28 mm Mred Is slightly bigger. The hairs are a much finer and more dense on the 28 mm than the 35 mm Theter. Interesting how the different type of badger hair density and diameter affect the size of the knot overall. It’s not the base of the millimeter that makes the difference is the type of hair that used it really gives the outcome of the type of brush that is constructed. Very interesting.
26933ABF-FBBD-4945-BFFD-16E58B5ED2B6.jpeg
9E33DB00-3FB5-4039-B488-BE6EDAB3EE1C.jpeg

Technically either of my Chubby 2’s at 27mm. But my Shavemac Silvertip Bulb blooms the most and actually feels the biggest at 24mm.

Top Bottom