Razor - Ikon B1 OSS
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - CaYuen "Firestorm" 26mm Timberwolf
Soap/AS - PAA Ciderhouse 5

Wed 24th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment DE La Vie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue Handle
Razor RR G37 Slant
Blade KAI 2nd (Mysterious KAI Blade PIF Participation)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Beautifully crafted soap! The scent is superb, the lather is creamy and slick. Really love this soap.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was much better than the GC 0.84-P. Amazing! Very smooth and comfortable during the 3passes without any issues at all for a glass-like result. A very close shave. Rating 10/10!!!
20210223_221902.jpg

20210224_071658.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2FB766DF-739F-4C86-B697-F9A8901C7C08.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Turkey: Soap Derby Tub.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Italy: Aftershave Balm Proraso.
6) Spain: Cologne Adidas Ice Dive Cologne.

SOTD (055/2021)
24-02-2021

>> "One blade in February"- challenge <<

20210224_094125-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Omega Hi-Brush 46138
Soap: Haslinger ~ Schafsmilch
Razor: Gillette Slim (on setting 7)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (24)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Nivea 2in1 AS, Nivea Cool psb.

Shave no. 24.
All good things come to an end, they say. It's been the final shave with the chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword!

My verdict: I am very impressed by the performance of this blade. She gave me plenty of excellent close and smooth shaves right from the start (approx. 18-20 shaves were absolutely flawless, than I had to increase passes).

The blade is a clear keeper in my books and I likely will stock some tucks once the ongoing sabbatical has been completed.

I'm going to switch blades now for the remaining shaves of this month to align my shaves (and my face) to "sharper" blades again...

The upcoming month of March will be exclusively dedicated to the mysteroius KAI blade (PIFed in line with the rules of the sabbatical). Looking forward to trying this blade (another new to me)...

Happy shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 24th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo SS .72- MFG 2021> excellent mid range, smooth and carefree shave this morning.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX- great soap with nice clean scent with excellent lather properties.
Brush: Yaqi 26 mm Red Zebra handle, excellent lather generator, heavenly soft tips with gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation on neck(over buffed) + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo .72 with a Gillette Nacet.
DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 24th, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom