What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap: Cella
Brush: Omega boar
Razor: Gillette slim
Blade: Gillette Platinum
AS: Proraso Red

2 days growth, 2 pass shave, DFS
9/10

3D5FDC46-F81B-4916-8B80-0D459E5E7FCE.jpeg

Decided I needed a change this morning

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: Timeless Ti .68SB
Blade: Personna Israeli Red (3)
Soap: A&E Kaizen base Asian Pear
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue 1305 Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Nice 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. Three tiny weepers, no cuts or irritation. Nice mindless shave. Weepers were operator error and cured with a quick swipe of Alum Stick.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 24th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo SS .72- MFG 2021> excellent mid range, smooth and carefree shave this morning.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX- great soap with nice clean scent with excellent lather properties.
Brush: Yaqi 26 mm Red Zebra handle, excellent lather generator, heavenly soft tips with gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation on neck(over buffed) + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo .72 with a Gillette Nacet.

DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 24th, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Splashed hot water on face,
Worked up a two or three second lather on a puck of MdC Fougere with a BK4 and painted it on,
Three passes with whatever you call the Personnas pictured here (day 5) in an AS-D2,
Showered, and
Splashed on 4711 cologne.

Shave was quick supremely comfortable, and baby's bottom smooth. 10/10
C8150908-C474-4157-B40B-4A5CC06D81F0.jpeg

Razor - Fatip slant gentile
Blade - Persona platinum
Soap - Stirling Ben Franklin
Brush - Omega s10065
Aftershave - Davidoff cool water

7/10 still getting used to the razor and it was a first try of the Ben Franklin which has quite a pleasant, sweet scent but not necessarily going to be a regular.

Razor: Merkur 23C long handle safety bar razor, from 2013 and made before Merkur redesigned their razor head casting molds
Blade: US Personna "Lab Blue" in blue wrappers from a box labeled Energizer, c.2013 (shave 1)
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 Best Badger
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Rating: 9.8

This morning's shave after three days of growth. Great shave today. Easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. One nick next to the Adam's apple; deducting 0.1 from the rating. No burning or irritation, but a lack of humidity in the bathroom today created a need to apply more lather during the shave; deducting 0.1 from the rating.

I decided to revisit the Merkur 23C today, which I haven't used in a year or more. This was my first DE razor that launched me on my DE, SE, and SR journey eight years ago; it solved the problems of acne, ingrown whiskers, razor burn, razor bumps, etc.

Although the Merkur 23C doesn't seem to get much love around here, I believe it to be a near-perfect combination of efficiency/aggressiveness/ease of use for both beginning and experienced DE users. ***DISCLAIMER: this is my opinion based on the 23C made before Merkur redesigned their razor head casting molds a few years ago. I can say that I have a Merkur 34C HD razor that was manufactured after the casting mold redesign, and it does not shave as closely as the 23C for me.

20210209_124637.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten. :thumbup:

The Williams Wednesday, but not full Williams shave;

Soap: Modern Williams
Lather Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Zenith Boar
Brush Soak: Van Der Hagen Bowl
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC/SB)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (5)
AS: Clubman Special Reserve
Rating: 9.7/10

Feels great to be home. The water here is perfect for Williams!
[IMG]

tempImageF56ZNP.jpg

Razor: Postwar Tech
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (6)
Lather: Speick, grated into a bowl
Brush: Yaqi 26mm tuxedo
Aftershave Splash: Proraso Green
Balm: Nivea Cooling

I finally realized that little blotch on the blade wrapper is actually a picture of a blade.
How many times did I see that and think there was a defect in the printing/paper?!

Speick isn't usually as protective for me as other soaps, so I loaded it heavy and made sure I still added enough water to hydrate it. I.e. I made a lot of lather, I guess. Got a richer result than previously, and though I'm only shaving my neck currently, it seemed better than before. That's awesome because I love the way this stuff smells, and its pale pink color is different and interesting. Happy mid-week, all!

- Prep: Shower
- Brush: Simpson M7 Synthetic
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
- Blade: Gillette Minora SS (2)
- Soap: WK Denarius
- Aftershave: WK Denarius Balm
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

These Yellow Minoras are growing on me! They are nice blades in my 6S.

The Simpson M7 Synthetic is by far my favourite synth brush. They are rare, but grab one if you see one. You won’t regret it.

Denarius is an ok scent, but the WK Siero base is one of the best.

Excellent shave. 9.5/10

IMG_0212.jpeg

- Face Prep: Shower with La Toja Magno Soap.
- Pre-shave: Proraso Red.
- Soap: Stirling Spice.
- Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic (Cobalt Blue)
- Brush: Simpson's #58 Best.
- Razor: Rockwell 6S/R4.
- Blade: Astra SP (2).
- Aftershave: American Crew Revitalizing Toner.
- Accompaniment: AM radio via the Grundig AM/FM/SW.

Experience: Second day of attacking very short stubble with an Astra and R4 plate. All went well. Looks like I've worked my way into a more efficient daily driver.

Rating: 9.9/10

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Wednesday afternoon shave

Razor: Rich Leukroth
Brush: Boar
Soap: Omega

Just a great shave. Skipped the splash today to let the eucalyptus tones linger from this pleasant cream from Omega. Surprised how slick my face felt after rinsing between passes. Pleasantly surprised! Happy Wednesday!
9D5047AD-33E3-4A0C-B4E6-FE04946E8ACD.jpeg

9/10

Top Bottom