What's new

Recommend Something New For Me

I am running low on my Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus. Before that it was Castle Forbes Lime. Both have been excellent. Recommend another top-shelf brand or perhaps another Castle Forsbes or Cyril R Salter. I am not interested in TOBS or Trumper as I have used a bunch of those over the years. Truefitt & Hill is another I really liked. Maybe Art of Shaving Sandalwood?

St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot is my favourite cream by far. I love the scent and the performance and it isn’t super expensive.

Seeing as this is the shaving cream forum, I’ll recommend Nancy Boy. I like their signature scent but haven’t tried the sandalwood. I also love Salter’s Wild Rose, Indian Sandalwood and French Vetiver, but pe definitely have mixed opinions about the vetiver.

I am running low on my Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus. Before that it was Castle Forbes Lime. Both have been excellent. Recommend another top-shelf brand or perhaps another Castle Forsbes or Cyril R Salter. I am not interested in TOBS or Trumper as I have used a bunch of those over the years. Truefitt & Hill is another I really liked. Maybe Art of Shaving Sandalwood?
Since you brought up AoS and you've been using citrus scents, I can recommend the Art if Shaving Bergamot & Neroli shave cream. I personally find it a very pleasant scent and strong performer. The Bergamot & Neroli balm is excellent.

Hope you find this helpful.

If you like rose Cyril’s wild rose is very good. I prefer it to TOBS rose.

As far as citrus goes Captain’s Choice Lime is excellent.

How about Saponificio Bignoli Mediterranean Citrus?
1614094543635.png

or Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk

1614094820086.png

As you like lime and also T&H then their West Indian Limes would be a good choice.

I know you said no TOBS but have you tried their new Lime Zest? I bought it recently and am loving it

AdP v3.
Excellent scent: largely citrus, slightly floral and slightly herbal.
Excellent performance.
Expensive, but concentrated.

Seeing as this is the shaving cream forum, I’ll recommend Nancy Boy. I like their signature scent but haven’t tried the sandalwood. I also love Salter’s Wild Rose, Indian Sandalwood and French Vetiver, but pe definitely have mixed opinions about the vetiver.

Another vote for Nancy Boy. I use their Signature cream almost every day. Outstanding performance.

My picks for creams are

Acqua di Parma
Baume
Castle Forbes 1445
Santa Maria Novella
Speick Original

It’s a croap, not a cream, but if you liked the scent of Sublime Citrus you should try Officina Artigiana Stay Traditional.

Another vote for Castle Forbes 1445, and also St. James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot. Another St. James cream I really like is their Cedarwood and Clarysage.

any AOS cream is worth trying.
with the mall stores shutting, some of the items are showing up with good discounts at the outlet stores.

art of shaving oud ever-ready gillette fusion bourbon amber october 3 2018.jpg

Top Bottom